1 (edited by Randyman... 2013-12-17 00:51:32)

Topic: TMFX Request: 8 Headphone Output Groups in Control Room section?

TMFX Feature Request (another one!): 8 Stereo Phones Outputs in Control Room section?

I really like the tight integration of TMFX's Control Room section.  With the MADIface-XT, I can assign up to 4 discrete stereo Headphone Outputs in the Control Room section and it makes life pretty nice.

However, I have a total of 8 discrete stereo headphone mixes available in my rig.  Having my 4 primary headphones located in the Control Room section rocks, but then the remaining 4 Phones are back on the main TMFX mixer - making it a little clunky when getting tons of HP Mixes setup.  The Phones Talkback functions are also a nice benefit of the Control Room section that is currently absent from my Phones 5-8.

Is it possible to consider adding 4 more Stereo Phones Outputs to the Control Room section (for a total of 8 Stereo Phones)?  Those that don't need the extra Phones won't see them (they already "Auto-Hide" in the Control Room if they are not assigned anywhere), and those of us that do need them will have them smile

An additional roadblock that needs attention with this possibility:
I see RME restricts the available Control Room output channel assignments on the MADIface-XT to the onboard DAC's, AES, and MADI channels 1-16 for the sole purpose for anyone that *might* use a 192KHz sample rate (MADI = 16 Channels @ 192K).  I'm unlikely to ever budge from 44.1/48K, but even if I do get brave, 96K would still allow you to include MADI 1-32 as possible Control Room Output assignments.  My 8 pairs of Phones live on MADI 9-24.

To protect the 192KHz folks, Is there any way to allow MADI 1-32 to be available in the Control Room and simply disable/hide any Control Room outputs that were assigned to channels higher than 16 when swapping to 192K?  This limitation seems to penalize those of us that DON'T work @ 192K to protect the few that do work @ 192K.  And those that work @ 192K will obviously know to keep their Control Room assignments between MADI 1-16 as that's all the DAC's they will have available in their rigs at that samplerate.

Thanks for any consideration.  Apologies for requesting so many add-ons when I've barely had the unit a week yikes
Randy V.

MADIface-XT+ARC / 3x HDSP MADI / ADI648
2x SSL Alphalink MADI AX
2x Multiface / 2x Digiface /2x ADI8

Re: TMFX Request: 8 Headphone Output Groups in Control Room section?

You seem to have overlooked the Talkback button in the normal output channel's settings pane (tool symbol).

The other two wishes are not very likely to be added/changed, sorry.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

3 (edited by Randyman... 2013-12-18 23:55:47)

Re: TMFX Request: 8 Headphone Output Groups in Control Room section?

Ah - I thought that was a single-channel Talkback function - Didn't realize it latches to the main Talkback bus and works with the global Talkback button.  Neat addition!

Now to decide whether to move all my phones out of the Control Room so they are all located together in the main mixer, or leave 1-4 in the CR section and 5-8 in the main mixer.  I guess I'll leave my personal Phones#1 in the CR so I can use the "Cue to Phones 1" assign function, and remove the rest.

As I'm still learning the deeper workings of TMFX, what other differences are there from having Phones assigned to the CR section versus leaving them in the main mixer?

Thanks! cool

MADIface-XT+ARC / 3x HDSP MADI / ADI648
2x SSL Alphalink MADI AX
2x Multiface / 2x Digiface /2x ADI8