Topic: New life in old Hammerfall

Today i found a way to breath new life into my old Hammerfall. I've been struggling to get WDM-sound to work properly with VirtualAudioCable and geting pops and clicks all the time.

Today I tried out the new Network WDM ASIO Link Driver at http://midithru.net/Home/AsioLink and everything worked smooth and wonderful.

Great piece of software!

Still no 64-bit drivers, but this is the next best thing!

Re: New life in old Hammerfall

Actually my driver does support 64bit ASIO float now! Anyone who wants this functionality should re-download v1.4 (it was a silent update).

Thanks for using my driver. It also runs on both 32 and 64 bit OS and can be hosted in a 32 or 64 bit process under x64.

Cheers!

That might be a misunderstanding. There is no 64 bit ASIO driver for the old Hammerfall cards. Operation on newer Windows versions is limited to ASIO, no WDM available. So what your tool does is giving these ASIO-cards access to WDM, on 32 bit Windows only.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

MC wrote:

That might be a misunderstanding. There is no 64 bit ASIO driver for the old Hammerfall cards. Operation on newer Windows versions is limited to ASIO, no WDM available. So what your tool does is giving these ASIO-cards access to WDM, on 32 bit Windows only.

Yes! It was a misunderstanding but all is not lost.

There may be a way to use this 32bit driver from a 64 bit application.

Using my multiclient functionality you should be able to run the ASIO Link driver in a 32 bit process (with "Enable multiclients" checked to enable the multi client server) then start up the 64bit application and select ASIO Link driver and the 64bit application can now use the 32 bit ASIO driver via the built in ASIO Link multi client driver.

If you need help feel free to email me at the email in the image at my site.

Btw - The real reason why a 32bit ASIO driver is not available in a 64bit process is that you can't host a 32bit COM object in a 64bit process.