Topic: Using TotalMix to route internet radio through Cubase

I have a Fireface UC audio interface and it's TotalMix software.  I also have Cubase 6.  I would like to route live internet radio through Cubase and have the Cubase plugins affect the internet radio in realtime.  I don't know how to setup TotalMix or Cubase to do this.  When audio plays from Cubase or from the internet then in TotalMix the following channels are normally active: AN 1/2 in Software Playback, AN 1/2 in Hardware Outputs, Main in Control Room.  I found a video tutorial which shows how to route internet radio to Cubase and then record it but when i set this up the Cubase plugins don't work on the internet audio in realtime.  I set this up the following way: In TotalMix i clicked on the AS 1/2 channel in Hardware Outputs and then moved the fader up in AN 1/2 channel in Software Playback.  On the AS 1/2 channel in Hardware Outputs i then clicked on the Tools and Loopback buttons.  In Cubase i then went to VST Connections where the inputs and outputs are shown.  In the inputs the following were selected: Analog 1 and Analog 2 which are for my speakers i believe.  So i changed these inputs to the loopback channel in Hardware Outputs in TotalMix which are SPDIF opt. L/ADAT 1 (1) and SPDIF opt. R/ADAT 2 (1).  This tutorial said not to have input monitoring in Cubase active as it will create a feedback loop which can damage the speakers or my hearing. 

Someone told me that to route the internet radio to cubase and have the cubase plugins affect the music in realtime then i need to do the following: Have input monitoring in cubase active but the Cubase Master playback channel must not be the same as the Windows playback channel otherwise a feedback loop will be created.  The Loopback output channel must not be the output my speakers are connected to.

I have read the Fireface manual and the Cubase manual but can't figure out how to do this.  Can  someone please help me.

Re: Using TotalMix to route internet radio through Cubase

Ok if no one knows how to do this then does anyone know how to prevent a damaging feedback loop while monitoring in Cubase is active while the internet radio is routed through to Cubase?