1 (edited by turbulent 2014-01-16 09:17:43)

Topic: Multiface 1 installation

hi everyone, 1st post here

2 things really, I'll start with mentioning the solid red light on the multiface 1 (host/error).  I don't have any audio or midi cables connected yet. Just the firewire cable going into the express card, that's plgged into the back of my desktop (win7/64) and the power adaptor plugged into aux on the multiface.

Secondly. I just want to rule out user error with the installation:

With the multiface powered and plugged into the dessktop (red error light :ON). (wizard did not start installation)

I installed the driver: WDM streaming driver ver win338

Powered down the desktop (shutdown)

Left mutiface on and plugged into the desktop

rebooted...

Scratched head as I didn't see my RME I/O's under : control panel/sound menu.

is it me? I'd really appreciate a quick response to this as I bought the multiface on ebay. If it's a faulty unit I need to get my money back ASAP.

Thanks in advance

Jay

2 (edited by 1stgecco 2014-01-16 13:40:54)

Re: Multiface 1 installation

Check the Windows  "systemmanager" under "hardware...." Can you find the MF1 listed there? Don´t you have the " totalmix " icon in the  bottom end symbolbar of the desktop screen? If not the driver isn´t installed correctly yet . May be you have to install an older WDM driver for the firmware of your MF1 -there was a switch from 1.5 to 1.8 somewhere in the history :" new flashtool needed or similar . This could be a reason.

just my two Pfennings ,Peter

by the way : could this be a clue...? 

http://www.rme-audio.de/forum/viewtopic.php?id=69

3 (edited by turbulent 2014-01-19 14:59:50)

Thanks for your help Peter, The problem is, it's just not recognising the MF when I plug it in to the pcmcia adaptor using the express card

I've just noticed a small dent in the express card. That my be the problem.

If I bought this.
http://www.rme-audio.de/en_products_hds … erface.php
could I plug directly into my MF1 with it with a standard firewire cable, bypassing the need for the pcmcia card??

looks like a yes  smile and the proper cable is supplied
from the PDF:

The connection between PCI card and I/O box is established using ordinary firewire cable (IEEE 1394, 6-pole.) The data transfer does not use Firewire protocol, but our own
proprietary bus protocol. The supplied cable is 4.5 m (15 ft.) long. The PCI card operates as power supply for the attached I/O-box (Digiface, Multiface, Multiface II, RPM) over the
FireWire cable

Hi, in case it was the PM... Card = Laptopconnecter card that caused the malefunction , the chance of a working MF1 via new PCI card +Firewirecable is not to bad !
please do not connect to a std. Firewireport at your PC´s rear panel wink Don´t know what would happen then...
Greetz, Peter