Topic: Fader control + click blowing my ears!

Hi,

I use the control + click hotkeys / key combination with a lot with plug in parameters and the Ableton Live interface.

To save the dial and for convenience on the Babyface I use the fader in Totalmix for my levels, however swapping between this and my DAW I keep accidentally resetting the main out to 0db!

I have very high powered close monitors in my studio, and this is not doing my ears any good.

There appears to be a 'disable double click action on faders' option in the Preferences.

Is there any chance of being able to disable control + click too?

Many thanks, and thank you for the otherwise superb product

Re: Fader control + click blowing my ears!

Can you please respond to this. This just happened again, and my ears really hurt.

I'm scared some permanent damage is going to be done to me.

Thank you.

If you have 'very high powered monitors' in your studio and 0 dB on the Babyface blows your ears then you have an obvious mismatch between the BF output and the monitor input. You should add passive attenuators so both match better.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Both speakers have an input sensitivity. Lowering them has helped, so thanks for the heads up on that.

However, it still doesn't seem right, because there is individual inputs on each speaker - it's difficult to match the input of each.

Surely this will effect stereo imaging.

Is it not better to do this in software?

Cheers

Your ears could/should be sensitive enough to adjust the levels properly.
If you require more accuracy I think you should measure this anyway.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13