Topic: A routing trouble in TotalMix FX

Hello,

I have a routing trouble between my HDSPe FX and a part of my audio software.

I’d like all my audio audio applications (iTunes, QuickTimes, VLC etc) to be routed to 5/6 Software playback output (AES, 1/2 and 3/4 are for my DAW).

So in the Apple audio hardware window, I select MADI 1-8 and choose M5 and M6 as the speakers outputs.

That works fine for some of my applications : QuickTime and VLC go well to 5/6 Software playback output in TotalMix FX.

But iTunes and Toast go on routing to the 1/2 Software playback output. Who knows why ? They also should route to 5/6 output ? Or am I missing something ?

MacPro
32Go RAM
MacOS 10.9.1
HDSPe Firmware: v89
HDSPe Driver: v1.13
TotalMixFX: v0.996

Thank you very much

Best regards

Christophe

Re: A routing trouble in TotalMix FX

Sorry to insist, but anybody could confirm that iTunes can be routed to any of the "software playback" of the TotalMix FX ? Not only 1/2 playback tracks…

I've also written to the RME support, but got no answer from nowhere.

Thanks
Christophe

Hi Christophe,

Unfortunately, I don't know anything about Mac and i-Tunes but in my Windows setup, some playback apps let you select the audio device and channels directly within the app.  For example, in JR Media Center and VLC, you can set the audio device and then choose any of the device's playback inputs.  For apps that don't have these options, you can set the default playback device in Windows Sound settings (which defaults to analog 11+12 with my Fireface UFX).

This probably doesn't help you much - maybe a Mac user will offer something more concrete.

Christophe wrote:

Sorry to insist, but anybody could confirm that iTunes can be routed to any of the "software playback" of the TotalMix FX ? Not only 1/2 playback tracks…

I've also written to the RME support, but got no answer from nowhere.

Thanks
Christophe

Cannot confirm it, but it should be possible - in the mac audio/MIDI settings create an aggregate device. I cannot add more - I've only just managed to recover from somehow setting my Vox output to channels 9 and 11 on the UFX. Still dont understand how I did it and still dont understand how I solved it:-(

On my Mac iTunes follows the speaker assignment, so is not fixed to 1/2. But Vox ignores the speaker setting and plays on 1/2. Sorry, but I don't see how the driver can fix such behavior.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

MC wrote:

On my Mac iTunes follows the speaker assignment, so is not fixed to 1/2. But Vox ignores the speaker setting and plays on 1/2. Sorry, but I don't see how the driver can fix such behavior.

Thank you very much. That confirms I probably have an audio driver bug in my System. I've bypassed the problem thanks to SoundFlower. But I'd like to repair this defect.

Thank you all

Best regards