Topic: how can I route "software AN1/2" to a VSThost and back to Hardwareout?

hey guys,
here is another thing I dont get.
I read the manual, watched for tutorials and searched several forums.

In one of them somebody stated he does exactly what I wanna do:

Jedes Audiosignal, ob es ein Skypetelefonat oder ein Youtubevideo oder beim Abspielen von MP3 oder Flac über beliebige Software wird dabei auf den RME Babyface Treiber eingespielt und dort in einen VSTHost (LiveProfessor) umgeroutet (alles im Treiber), dort läuft ein extrem performantes Faltungs-VST (ReverberateLE, optional sogar mit Faltung rein auf der GPU). Dessen Ausgang wird per TotalMix in Software dann erst auf die Hardware-Ausgänge des RME Babyface geroutet.
LiveProfessor startet automatisch mit Windows und ist also ohne Aufwand betriebsbereit. Per einfachem Durchschalten der Presets kann ich dann zwischen Lautsprecher-, Monitor- und Kopfhörerentzerrung wechseln.

Part of the Problem is that I don't really get the loopbackfunction. I watched the youtube video where it is explained how to record the sound that some software plays in cubase, but thats not what I want.
(in liveprofessor I can set in- and output channels)

I hope you can help me smile

best,
jean

Re: how can I route "software AN1/2" to a VSThost and back to Hardwareout?

The RME driver does not reroute signals to LiveProfessor. Not sure what this user is referring to, got the URL?

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

3 (edited by jeandado 2014-02-11 10:16:02)

http://recording.de/Community/Forum/Har … 5.html#P_5

it would have been so great, I would not have to buy a hardware EQ and could still use the D/A of the babyface...

He could be referring to manually rerouting signals in Totalmix (again using the Loopback) and then having the VSZ host pick them up at the input, and sending signal through Totalmix again for playback.

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

but this is what Im not getting:

if I pick up the software AN1/2 in the vst host, i have to mute the channel in totalmix so it wont add to the signal of the vst host.
where should the vst host send it to? if I send it to AN1/2 it will be the muted channel. if loopback sends it only back to the same channel, it will be the muted channel...

Obviously you'd be using separate channels for the loop and the main playback... Playback (or route) signal on 3/4, loop to in 3/4, set VST output to 1/2 or route in Totalmix...

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

allright, I don't really know how I did it, but it works now.
thank you very much!