Topic: DAW recall via VST plugin

Have you ever thought about the possibility to store TotalMixFx configurations WITH a DAW project? Via a "simple" VST plugin for example, which does nothing but send/receive ALL current TotalMixFx settings on plugin instantiation/project save or on demand?

2 (edited by TabSel 2014-02-18 08:50:15)

Re: DAW recall via VST plugin

Any thoughts about it?

May be there is a Way for a 3rd party Code to retreive/send TMFx settings? I might look into it myself then?

I personally find the idea appealling, but couldn't really tell you whether it's possible....

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

This could be done by internally routing OSC messages. However, as there is no 1 : 1 parameter assignment in the current implementation, you cannot recall an entire mix.

OSCAR for Android and iOS with TotalMixFX templates: http://www.oscar-app.de

Universal Audio are doing this somehow with the Apollo

Well, I am not a programmer but in my imagination something like this might work:
If TotalMix FX writes his current state permanently / immediately in a file and the VST plugin is able to read and write on it in the moment of saving and opening the project..
for some of my work such a thing would make life easier. Especially for all that guys who are using the card as their mixer.