Topic: Problem with routing sound from PC through FireFace UCX

I have a problem I couldn't figure out how to solve and I hope somebody here will be nice and explain me!

So I formated my PC and after re-installation of FireFace UCX drivers TotalMix FX somehow resetted itself

I tried to set output to play on my minotors throught main out
and phones through 7/8 output on my monitor section but whatever i do it only plays on headphones .

Before it happened I could also switch between headphones and monitors with Speaker B button and now this button can't be pushed

I know it something to do with routing software output to hardware output but I don't know how to set it right!!!

I was almost crying last night because of this sad((

Basically my need is to be able to play from any source (media player , cubase etc) on my pc through my main monitors and pair of headphones 7/8 output
and to be able to switch between them with "speaker b" on monitor panel.

P.S. I've read the mannual that came with my UCX but it couldn't understand what to do from there...

Re: Problem with routing sound from PC through FireFace UCX

If the button can't be pushed then you have not assigned anything as Speaker B (button Assign below Speaker B).

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

So basically I need to assign my headphones output to speaker B ? and how I do configure software output to hardware output?

Assign Main Out to whatever physical outputs are feeding your monitors, and Main Out B to your headphones.  Then click on either of these in the output row to select them (they are now linked) and raise the fader(s) in row two (software playback) that you are using for Media Player, Cubase etc. 

Of course also make sure the output row fader for Main and Main B are raised

Thank you very much neirbod I will try it after I get home from work smile))

It worked like magic smile)) I'm in love with my FireFace UCX .. I'm going to stick in future with RME as well!!! smile))
Probably I was just tired yesterday smile