Topic: Cardbus: WDM or Win Drivers?

Please help me understand whether to install WDM or Win drivers for my Cardbus on my XP laptop.

http://www.rme-audio.de/old/english/dow … s.htm#HDSP

Thank you.

UFX+, ADI-648, Win 10, i7 10 core 3Ghz 64 Gb, Cubase 9, PT 12.8

Re: Cardbus: WDM or Win Drivers?

These are totally outdated... Please look here: http://www.rme-audio.de/drivers_hdsp
3.39 is the current driver.

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

3 (edited by bienpegaito 2014-02-26 02:18:37)

Thank you, Daniel.

Hmmm ... I wonder why I got this old webpage when I Googled for the drivers. Is this because I searched Cardbus?

I note that the readme file for 3.39 does not mention Cardbus under the PCI section.

"RME  Intelligent Audio Solutions

HDSP Series (AES-32, MADI, 9652, 9632, Multiface, Digiface, RPM)

HDSPe Series (PCI, MADI, MADIface, ExpressCard, RayDAT, AES, AIO)

Driver for Windows XP/Vista/7/8, 32 and 64 Bit

Important information: Driver version 3.39

This is the HDSP(e) series WDM streaming driver, offering additional features like WDM streaming, kernel streaming, 64 bit support and full Vista/7 compatibility. It supports all HDSP and HDSPe series cards and systems simultaneously. The TCO can be operated with the HDSP AES-32, the HDSPe PCI/MADI/AES/RayDAT/AIO, but not with the HDSP 9632."

Also, do I run the FUT before installing the driver?

It is not clear to me ... as it says: "The driver requires a new Firmware (flash) in case you are updating from driver 2.94 or older."

I see from the manual that the cardbus must be inserted and connected to the powered Digiface with the computer booted before installing the drivers. But I do not read what to do in the case that the Cardbus has not been flashed recently ... or how to find out the firmware version before attempting to install the driver.

Thank you.

The driver must be installed, and the hardware detected, in order to run the Flash Update Tool.

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

Thanks, Jeff ... I'll assume this is the right driver despite the Cardbus not being specified in the readme. I'll so proceed and get back if I run into any glitches.