Topic: TotalMix on iPad + UFX: settings for safety track

My setup: UFX is connected via USB (Apple Camera Kit) to iPad (1st Gen) running iOS 5.1.1, with the latest TotalMix app and latest firmware on UFX, all just downloaded/installed.

The idea is to record 3 mics (inputs 9, 10, 11).

Normally I record to the SD card via the reader connected to the front port of UFX.

In TotalMix app:

- How do I set and monitor actual recording settings, such as resolution (96KHz) and bitdepth (26bit) of the recording? (I found "preferred rate" and set it to 96000 in Settings, but it is not showing in the normal view of app's DUrec... and how is bitdepth set??)

- Is it possible to set a "safety track" for each channel? (a separate track that records, say, -18dB vs the main channel, so if there's a loud sound and main channel is overloaded, safety channel could be used to recover that part of the track.) Possible?

Thanks!

RAW footage converted to video+audio, fast - for real-time playback and edit
Raw4pro.com

Re: TotalMix on iPad + UFX: settings for safety track

- The app sets sample rate and bit depth (as explained in the manual). The current sample rate is shown under About and Hardware Interface Settings.

- Only by splitting in front of the mic input.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Help section 5 seems to says WAVs are always recorded at 24bit - so there's no bitdepth setting to change this -  is this correct?

Resolution: seems like not available on my OS 5.1.1 (only Preferred is showing, not actual.) See snapshot.

https://copy.com/avOLtvTPj13f

RAW footage converted to video+audio, fast - for real-time playback and edit
Raw4pro.com

Ok, unclear from my side: 'the app' refers to whatever app you use to record, like Auria or Cubasis. They will set the sample rate and bit depth. DURec itself always uses 24 bits.

Indeed the Enable Background Mode function is not available under iOS 5. This requires at least iOS 6.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME