Topic: Totalmix conflict with media monkey?

I'm not sure exctly what's going on.
I have absolutely no problem working with Babyface, Totalmix, and Sonar X3 (Windows 7, 64-bit, Sonar 32 bit).
Then I listen to my exported tracks later using Media Monkey - once again, absolutely no problem.

However, after I close Media Monkey, TotalMix (TotalMixFX.exe*32) starts using 60% CPU, slowing computer to a crawl.

If I eject the Babyface from the USB, then all goes back to normal.
I can then re-connect the Babyface USB, and continue normally.

Wonder if anybody has a suggestion to stabilize the system.

Jon.

Re: Totalmix conflict with media monkey?

Also using MM with UCX here. No problems so far. What version do you have?

You mean version of media monkey? I noticed it was MM 4.07. I then updated to 4.1, and the same issue occurs. then I tried Windows Media Player - same problem. Adobe Audition CS6 - no problem.

As I mentioned before, after closing MM or Windows Media player, the CPU load gradually ramps up to about 60+%, making everything unresponsive, until I eject and reload Babyface. Another way to stop the behaviour is to reset the Sample Rate, and it then goes back to normal CPU load.

I work at 48k sample rate in SONAR, and then export to 16/44 for wave or mp3 files for listening. The Babyface is set at 48k, but it seems to have no problem working with the 16/44 wave and mp3 files until I stop Media monkey.

I tried resetting internal clock to 44.1k, but still get the problem of CPU load ramping up after closing Media Monkey. However, just resetting the sample rate to whatever seems to settle the totalMix down.

I am a bit puzzled. It's not a major problem, but seeing as the Babyface TotalMix system is otherwise so stable, especially compared to other cards I have used, I just wonder if I am doing something wrong.

BTW, I have the Realtek internal sound card permanently disabled in device manager.
Mu computer is not really very fast, but seems to work okay otherwise.
CPU Intel E6550 dual core, on Gigabyte G41M motherboard, with 4G RAM, Windows 7 64-bit.

Thanks for any input.
Jon

Update:

I just had a similar CPU load problem occur without opening any other software, just in a recording session in SONAR X3. I am now wondering if it might be a USB power related issue. I use the Babyface with just one USB connection to the USB port. Just guessing that extra USB power required for phantom powering 2 microphones might affect stability. Has anybody had this before?

Otherwise, maybe I have some other system problem. The mystery continues...

I will now keep both USB plugs attached, and see if it happens again.