Topic: NAMES and OTHER ISSUES

UFX: 1043
iPAd 1.1
Updated drivers on netbook running XP.

I have been using TM with iPad through peer to peer and a netbook for awhile. In cc mode, channel names do not transfer. Any way to do this?

Can the snapshots be transferred from cc mode to standalone mode? Meaning, any saved snapshot from both platforms would be available in both modes.

CUE on main channel does not work. it works on my monitor channnel output 3 though.

I use this live all the time, using in cc mode would help bypass the netbook and network set up, unlees I need mobility.

Thanks for your assistance.

Re: NAMES and OTHER ISSUES

Sorry, but your whole request is confusing and unclear to me. Can you please specify what exactly you want to do when and what exactly fails then?

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Sorry if it sounded confusing.

I presently use TM on a netbook running XP. I have saved snapshots and my channels have names. So for instance, input 1 is named GR-55. With TouchOSC, the iPad shows my channels with their respective names.  I recently downloaded the Ipad 1.1 app, with the purpose of using a smaller footpring setup, bypassing the peer to peer network protocol and having the UFX straignt into the iPad in cc mode.

Everything works fine , but the NAMES function only works for Phones 1 and MAIN. All other channels, inputs and other outputs do not show the names as with OSC. I had to manually re-enter all the named channels within the app itself.

Was wondering if this is normal. Workspace are saved.

If I understood your description correctly you did not mention that you transferred the saved workspace from your PC to the iPad and loaded it there. If so, there is a bug in the app that we will fix soon. It will then show the names that you saved in Windows (or Mac).

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

As an afterthought, it seems the settings are saved in the PC not in the UFX. For example, the app would ask to save your workspace, but does not offer to open one, because the workspace has been saved in the PC, not the UFX. Or I might be confused between snapshot, layout and workspace. Would a file transfer (workspace) be possible between the PC and the iPad?

Yes, it is not saved in the UFX. The file transfer is decribed in the help of the iPad app, chapter 6.6 (standard iOS procedure).

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Merci Matthias, UFX is an exceptional piece of equipment and the improvements resulting from your dedication of listening to EU big and small only add to the pleasure of using it every day.