Topic: "Mismatch detected" message whenever I start UFX / TotalMix

Hi guys,

Hoping for some help - ever time I start up my computer for a session and open TotalMix, I am getting the following error:

"Mismatch detected - Channel and FX settings of Device and TotalMix are different.
Click Yes to use the TotalMix settings (default)
Click No to upload the Device' settings into TotalMix
Note: If unsure click No to check the unit's settings first, then hit Undo to restore the last TotalMix settings."

This has always happened over two different computers I have used in the studio. I have always kept TotalMix and the firmware of the UFX up to date at the latest version.

Keen for any suggestions you may have to avoid this message!

Cheers,
Mike

Re: "Mismatch detected" message whenever I start UFX / TotalMix

Totalmix Preferences -> Device handling ->check "Always init dsp devices with TotalMix FX settings". (manual page 70)

Fireface UFX+ | Fireface UFX | Babyface Pro | 12Mic

bsfreq wrote:

Totalmix Preferences -> Device handling ->check "Always init dsp devices with TotalMix FX settings". (manual page 70)

Fantastic - thank you!

Cheers,
Mike

Help. I have this same problem, and I set the Checkbox for "Always init DSP devices with TotalMix FX settings"

but it gets unset (the check) by itself as soon as I close the window (Preferences).

When I reopen the Preferences it has unset itself.

Does RME TotalMix load the workspace.tmws file when the PC restarts ?? If so what is the path to that file? I've saved the workspace but I always have to manually reload it to get the setting correct.

(I've just moved everything to a new computer (PC) so I'm encountering these problems)

thanks

Disabling it is one thing but what actually causes this message?

You either fiddled around with settings when the unit is offline/in stand-alone mode, or the current settings don't get saved during shutdown as in the third mail back.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

I'm having this same issue. Enabling "Always init..." option didn't help.

What is the cause of this, and how can I fix it?

Current driver 1.219, with TotalMix 1.75?

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

How do I see my current driver number?

The Fireface USB Settings shows the properties for my Digiface AVB. Firmware v244 Driver v3.27

TotalMix Version 1.75 MAC OSX (1).

It has been working for a couple weeks now and today won't connect. Nothing changed between today and yesterday.

This thread is about a UFX under Windows, and now you even tell us you have a 'not the same' issue. Please open a new thread with detailed information.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

I searched this forum for the "Mismatch detected" error and this is the thread I found.

I thought it would be beneficial to read about someone else having the same error as me?

Your unit isn't found on boot for unknown reasons, so a mismatch message is a more or less expected side effect of a failed boot process. This thread is from 2019 and the issue talked about here has been fixed.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Additionally it's possible to set in TM FX preferences -> Device Handling
[x] Always init DSP devices with TotalMix FX settings (from the PC)

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

ramses wrote:

Additionally it's possible to set in TM FX preferences -> Device Handling
[x] Always init DSP devices with TotalMix FX settings (from the PC)

This did not work for me.

15 (edited by mike G 2022-12-18 20:44:45)

None of this made scene to me. I'm getting the same thing running the latest driver as of Dec 2022, almost into 2023. Firmware v 39 Driver ver. 3.28
I put a check in init DSP. All that does is resets the faders at start, but they are up and in the red every time Total mix starts. Then they all come down. I didn't fiddle with anything. I bought the unit and started using it. I was like this the first day I installed the driver. Running Mac- Ventura OS. Sorry this seems like a bug. Why would the faders default to being all the way up in the red? They should stay where I left them.

• Mac OS Ventura

• RME Fireface UCX II

• T.C electronics M1 XL - multi FX unit

• UCX II - Firmware: v39

• UCX II - Driver: v3.28

Are the faders really in the top position? Or just the level meters (that is normal, a red peak on start of the app). Can you provide a video that shows this effect?

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

17 (edited by mike G 2022-12-25 11:09:34)

You are right MC, sorry.
I just looked again. The faders are down on the input and software sections, but the outputs are at 0db, and then they drop. Because I have init DSP checked.
www.pyramid-of-wisdom.com/totalmix.jpg

I did a factory reset on the unit, not that I think I needed to. I also created a snapshot in total mix, and everything seems to be working great.

The sound is amazing. Well worth every penny. Seems like a very well built device.