Topic: Totalmix outputs via adat are 4xmono?

Hi new user here, I'm getting beyond frustrated with what should be a very simple set-up.
I use protools - all I want to do is use my new Babyface/Totalmix as a 8x Adat output with my Mytek 8x196.

No matter what I do with the totalmix software - my 8xADAT outputs only send out as 4xmono outs through ADAT.
Panning in protools makes no difference - except I can see that the hardware outs responding to the panning level changes - but its always 4x mono outs.
Ive done the reset straight playback, every totalmix combo that is possible...

There is NO information anywhere on totalmix set-ups for protools Ins/outs/adat. (after 48 hours, I'm ready to go back to my 002 - and ebay the new babyface!)

Why is there no examples for protools/totalmix setups?
I just want to be able to monitor/output 8 x ADAT outs!
Simple on any other system Ive ever used, from the most complex set of I/O's in every studio setup, with every hardware box combo i have used over many decades.
Incredibly frustrating!ARRGGHH!
Please can someone guide me through this? - or at least point me to some sort of tutorial - for protools

Re: Totalmix outputs via adat are 4xmono?

Is the BF running at 96 k? If so, this is normal, ADAT channels are reduced to 4... Else, please provide a screenshot of the mixer and settings dialog windows.

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Re: Totalmix outputs via adat are 4xmono?

YOU GUYS ROCK!!!!!!!!!!

Yes - It was on 96k.
Thank you so much for the quick feedback - all works as it should.
I spent days going insane over this - I was even dreaming totalmix!

Again - thank you for your fast professional response - and obvious great RME forum feedback - > any other manufacturer and it would have been days or weeks for an answer.

I bow to Daniel!