1 (edited by lore 2014-04-16 13:52:56)

Topic: Wordclock problem Raydat-WCM-SSL alphalink madi ax

Hello ,

my config : mac pro nehalem 2.26, OSX 10.6.8  , raydat , ssl alphalink and Rme WCM module

i would like the WCM  to be the master clock , since the module always output word clock the SSL gets the SYNC without problems (as long as i choose ext instead of adat for the ssl clock source .)
The problem i have is with the Raydat , i do exactly as stated in the manual :

"As soon as a valid word clock signal is present the green 'Lock' LED beside the input jack lights up.
To switch from the HDSP's internal clock to the WCM's clock, activate the mode 'Word Clock' in the field 'Pref. Sync Ref' of the Settings dialog. Also select 'AutoSync' in the field 'Clock Mode'. The field 'System Clock' will indicate that the card has changed into clock mode 'Slave'. The external signal is now used as reference. At the same time, the frequency (Freq.) of the input signal is displayed. "

so as soon as i do this the ssl looses the clock , raydat system clock doesn't get into slave and displays adat (probably it tries to get sync from the ssl...) , sample rate start going up and down ...

the WC/TCO line in preferred sync ref states : no lock

wcm's termination is pushed , light is on inside and outside ...

any clue what i'm doing wrong ?

thx for your help !

Re: Wordclock problem Raydat-WCM-SSL alphalink madi ax

The WCM is the RayDAT, these are one piece of equipment. You cannot have the WCM as master and the RayDAT as slave. Using the WCM clock means the RayDAT and the WCM are slave to an external clock. Quite obvious when looking at the Settings dialog, just like you wrote.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME