Topic: Babyface - frequent TotalMix freezes

I know this has happened to others here and there in the past but I could not find a solution browsing the forum.

My once so rock stable TotalMix software randomly freezes since a couple of days. It happens right out of the blue, lasts for a couple of seconds or rather minutes and then starts to work again. No matter what samplerate I am working with.

I am running on the lates drivers (1.046 / 220) and a pretty fast machine (i7-4960xEE, 32GB, SSD) under Win7 64bit.

I'd be very grateful for any advice or a solution.

Cheers,

U.

Re: Babyface - frequent TotalMix freezes

Is there anybody out there?

RME??? No ideas?

Not a known issue... Check the task manager (CPU load). What changes were made to the system before the issue occured?

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

I also seem to have randomly occuring freezes of totalmix fx in windows 7.
I first found it happening when i went from sonar x3 to mediamonkey, then after closing media monkey, TotalMixFX.exe *32 would start hogging CPU up to about 60%, and then slow everything down to a crawl.

After suspecting a conflict with media monkey, I then noticed a similar problem using windows media player, and just recently after I opened Firefox to check something on the internet.

I cannot really locate the reason for the intermittent problem. I suspect there is another program in Windows or some other hardware issue which is conflicting in some way, but I don't know what.

I can stop the problem by going to Fireface USB settings, then select anything and click OK. The CPU load then decreases to about 1 or 2% immediately.

It hasn't occured during recording yet, but it worries me a little.

I run Babyface with Windows 7 Ultimate, 64 bit, and Sonar x3 in 32 bit mode, and record mostly in 24bit/48k Hz. I also have Behringer ADA8000 hooked up for ADAT i/o, with clocking to Babyface internal.
Computer is Core2Duo E6550 CPU on G41MCOMBO motherboard, with 4GB RAM.

Glad for any suggestions.
Jon.

update - today the issue occurred during recording, and the CPU overload (60%+) tipped Sonar to crash while tracking. Wish I knew what I could do to tame this problem.

I was tracking using 3 microphone inputs, one of them via ADAT.
I had not opened any other audio programs during the session except for Total Mix and Sonar X3.
Is it possible that other progarams running in the background could cause TotalMixFX to hog CPU?
Could it be anything to do with the ADAT connection?
Anti-virus software?
USB power?
Still baffled.

Jon

Things you can try:

- Different USB cable.

- Different USB port on your computer, especially try to use an USB 2.0 port.

- Turn off TM FX' graphic hardware accelleration.

- Make sure the "High Performance" Windows power-profile is used.