Topic: What is Global Record?

Or more importantly, I'm sure I'm just missing it, where is it in the manuals?
Thanks

Re: What is Global Record?

DIGIcheck has no manual, but check the online help file in the app menu. Global Record is only available on Windows, it allows the recording and metering of all input channels. Recording format is multichannel interleaved WAV.

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

3 (edited by mixsit 2014-05-02 22:04:43)

Ah I see. I just became aware of it and was looking for it in the UFX manual- to see the dif between this Dir USB Recording.

Is there a way to store recorded .wavs from Global Record in a folder you choose? As separate tracks? Also wondering what $av. files represent- is it multichannel wav?

> Is there a way to store recorded .wavs from Global Record in a folder you choose?

It asks for the location upon storing.

> As separate tracks?

No. The RME Multichannel WAV File Batch Processor is used to do so.

> Also wondering what $av. files represent- is it multichannel wav?

Temporary multichannel files.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Ok so it's for the UFX which counts me out - I have a UCX. I'd rather not use any extra audio recording software at all, the less processing the better for me,; that's why I asked. But it's no biggie - I don't do multichannel live sessions too often. However, digicheck's unpopular(!) GUI and tracking is trustworthy and I find it super useful. i heard there's some hack for the tascam DR40 which might persuade it to understand the file type. So the tascam becomes the direct usb part (as I understand it).  I have one but it's probably too complex for me to do.

Global Record works for all our interfaces.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

thanks, i nderstand now