Topic: speeding up setup: TAB in ch rename popup + copy/paste channel setup

- In channel renaming popup window, it would be nice to confirm and switch to next channel just pressing TAB, as in many DAW software

- also a simple copy/paste function for input channels' EQ, HP, DYNAMICS status would be very helpfull

Re: speeding up setup: TAB in ch rename popup + copy/paste channel setup

- interesting proposal. We'll check if that is possible.

- makes no real sense in real world operation, IMHO. Who needs the exact same EQ+HP+DYN settings on multiple channels?

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

MC wrote:

- makes no real sense in real world operation, IMHO. Who needs the exact same EQ+HP+DYN settings on multiple channels?

Actually this would be useful.  Sometimes you have a channel set up as you want it but then decide you need to use a different input.  I have found this for example when setting up for live show and discover there is one extra vocalist so I want to shift some inputs over to make room and keep all the vocals together in the mixer. It would be great to copy settings from ADAT 4 and paste to ADAT 5 etc. to make this process easier.

In another example you may have a nice mix set up and then decide to try a different preamp which is already patched to a different input. In such cases the ability to copy and paste an input settings (not just effects but also fader levels, send level) would be very helpful.

Thanks MC,

just an example: 4 vocalists in a row, same microphone model.
Not saying that I would end up with the exact same settings on each of them, but after checking the first, I would like to start checking next channel from the same ballpark very quickly, maybe adjust threshold and low end or whatever, without the need to save two different presets (eq+dynamics), then recall them again, then adjust...

A right-click popup menu (just like copy/paste submixes) would be great.

Ok, then - doesn't it make more sense to not only copy the whole FX, but the whole channel including routing and level (fader position)?

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

MC wrote:

Ok, then - doesn't it make more sense to not only copy the whole FX, but the whole channel including routing and level (fader position)?

Yes this would be my preference.

MC wrote:

I would agree for main level/pan/fx send, not sure about other submixes: could be confusing/risky with loud monitors on...?
At least I would not copy mute status.. just thinking out loud.

8 (edited by RichardC 2014-05-22 22:09:23)

Yep, I would like these features too.