1 (edited by AdamInCo 2014-05-17 06:45:05)

Topic: HDSP Issues

Hi, I'm not sure where to post this exactly, so forgive me if this is the wrong place.

I just bought an HDSP AES-32 card for my custom computer that has a dual boot, one with Windows 7 64-bit and one with Mac OSX 10.9.2.

I got it to work on the Windows system, but every time I start up the computer, there is this terrible distortion when windows loads---a garbley, loud, weird sound coming through the system. The card seems to work fine otherwise but I'd really like to fix this. Occasionally, it will start up without doing this, but I have not been able to figure out why.

On the Mac side, I can't get it to install. I've tried the 308 driver, which installs fine, but the card doesn't work. I've tried installing from the CD that came with the card, but it says something about the computer not being a PPC. It's an Intel Mac.

I've tried to make sure I'm using the right drivers, not sure what else to do.

Thanks!

Re: HDSP Issues

OK, so....The Mac seems to be recognizing the card. When I go to the settings window, "Unknown Card" is listed in the options.

But upon taking a closer look at the dsp windows that show up after installing 3.08, it says it's for DSPe, but this card is just the regular PCI card, not the express version.

And the settings window says it's for MADI, which it's not, and it gives no options for the AES. So something isn't right here!

Really need to get this working so I don't get fired! wink

There are no Intel/x86 drivers with PCI support, sorry.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Wow. That's a bummer. It says on the site it is compatible with OSX core audio.

Ok, so what product would I need to do aes with both platforms?

PCI Express?

Of course.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

OK. Site's a little misleading, but alright.

Just ordered an HDSPe card.

I'm having trouble finding the MIDI breakout cable that works for this, can you give me a link?

Thanks!

It's included.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Ok, got the HDSPe card, works on both systems, whew.

The midi breakout wasn't included in the HDSP box. One came with the HDSPe, though.

Can you tell me what I should be setting the block size (buffer size) to in Reaper? In Windows, it gives me the available options in samples. In the HDSPe manual, I only see the available buffer sizes in milliseconds and I don't know how it translates to samples.

I set it as low as "1" and it still plays, but I don't really know what I'm doing, ha.

Thanks!