Topic: Mute Does Not Function and CANNOT figure out playback...

Hey everyone,

I used my UFX for the first time in a live sound setting over the weekend. For the most part I'm thrilled with how it went. I was covering a community band festival (concert bands... flutes, clarinets, brass, etc...). For the most part it was just a single MC mic into an array of 4 speakers spread out in the park, and making stereo recordings of the groups direct to a flash drive. I noticed two things however:

1. The mute buttons seem to have absolutely no effect on the sound getting passed to the designated control room main out or any other outputs for that matter (I was using phones on 9/10 and AN3 for stage monitors,) and

2. I could not for the life of me find the playback audio when I clicked on the play button in the DUREcorder. I clicked on the "play" button on the inputs I'd selected to record and selected an input to which I wanted the recording to return, but could never find the audio there, or see any indication of audio. (I have verified the it actually recorded... it did a great job.)

If anyone has any similar experence or suggestions, I'd appreciate it. I have downloaded the latest drivers and connect and control with a MacBook running 10.6.8 I tried the setup connecte via USB and Firewire with identical results.

Thanks,

Stuart Holmes
Holmestudio Music
Escondido, California

Re: Mute Does Not Function and CANNOT figure out playback...

1. When Mute buttons don't work then the Master Mute button was not activated.

2. The recorded channels line up for playback at channel 1, no matter where they were recorded before (ch 9/10/11/12 will be channel 1/2/3/4 etc).

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME