Topic: TotalMix FX for iPad app v 1.11 available on the App Store

History see here:

http://www.rme-audio.de/forum/viewtopic.php?id=19396

TotalMix FX for iPad version 1.11 is now available on the App Store. Version 1.11 is a maintenance release for version 1.1, fixing a few issues:

- Reverb Level Meter did not work with UCX

- Babyface: Dim could work incorrectly after sleep

- Loading externally generated (imported via iTunes fle sharing) Workspaces sometimes failed

- Removed vertical swipe function in zoomed out view

Besides some more small fixes several small improvements were implemented as well, like a further reduction of CPU load in foreground operation.

Major new features are scheduled for the next version 1.2.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Re: TotalMix FX for iPad app v 1.11 available on the App Store

Just opened the iPad app for the first time. After getting everything in order with my UFX, this thing is great! In some ways its easier to control the mixer with the app than with a computer.

One request. I have two XTCs hooked up in the adat ports of the UFX. At the moment its not possible to control them from the app. Is it going to be possible to do that with future releases?

Antti

Hey MC,
First of all thank you for the hard work and keeping up with us.
I've been trying to figure out how the app interface with my Babyface. Not wireless right?.. so with the USB cable from the BF to the iPad? BF and iPad connected to the computer?I'm so lost. Pardon my ignorance. I tried reading the description and didn't see how to connect it.. maybe it needs to be more obvious for people like me.
Anyway, Thanks for the help.

orpheus wrote:

Hey MC,
First of all thank you for the hard work and keeping up with us.
I've been trying to figure out how the app interface with my Babyface. Not wireless right?.. so with the USB cable from the BF to the iPad? BF and iPad connected to the computer?I'm so lost. Pardon my ignorance. I tried reading the description and didn't see how to connect it.. maybe it needs to be more obvious for people like me.
Anyway, Thanks for the help.

You will need to set the Babyface to CC mode, connect USB from the Babyface to the Apple Camera Connection Kit, and provide power to the Babyface (either through the Aux power USB connection on the included cable, or with a power pack).

See the updated Babyface manual linked below, pages 81-89 have all the info you need.
https://archiv.rme-audio.de/download/bface_e.pdf

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

Any comments on the XTC request?

anttipohjola wrote:

Just opened the iPad app for the first time. After getting everything in order with my UFX, this thing is great! In some ways its easier to control the mixer with the app than with a computer.

One request. I have two XTCs hooked up in the adat ports of the UFX. At the moment its not possible to control them from the app. Is it going to be possible to do that with future releases?

Antti

Fun to see all the progress that is being made with the application and the connectivity of these products! Now for the question:

Is there any chance of getting the TotalMix app for iPad to act as a remote (over WiFi) for TotalMix FX on the computer that you have hooked up to for example a UFX? In my studio I have my main computer hooked up to my RME gear, but a lot of times I wish that I would be able to use an iPad in the recording room to access the controls (main computer is in the control room), and though I have tried a few other apps like TouchOSC, the layout is nothing like the TotalMix app for iPad, where it pretty much exactly replicates the looks of the computer version. Would it be impossible to have the iPad connect to the computer via WiFi and run the TotalMix in sync with the official app for TotalMix?

Regards,
Hampus

Hello,
       Very happy that RME has included the babyface for the Total Mix app. But, I can't get it to work. It worked for about an hour last night but now it is failing. Babyface 223 and total mix 1.04 along with iPad app v. 1.11…what seems to happen is that everything is trying to connect but consistently fails. So in the corner of the Total mix window I see connected, not connected, connected, not connect…back and forth but to no avail. It never works. I am powering my babyface by using the mac power adaptor via the second USB on the original babyface chord. Does anyone have any idea if I have gone astray somewhere?

Please try a power supply via the ps-socket at the Babyface. Your original BF cable might be defective.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Thanks MC! Does RME have a dedicated power supply for this purpose or one that has been tested and approved?

Redneck Studio wrote:

Fun to see all the progress that is being made with the application and the connectivity of these products! Now for the question:

Is there any chance of getting the TotalMix app for iPad to act as a remote (over WiFi) for TotalMix FX on the computer that you have hooked up to for example a UFX? In my studio I have my main computer hooked up to my RME gear, but a lot of times I wish that I would be able to use an iPad in the recording room to access the controls (main computer is in the control room), and though I have tried a few other apps like TouchOSC, the layout is nothing like the TotalMix app for iPad, where it pretty much exactly replicates the looks of the computer version. Would it be impossible to have the iPad connect to the computer via WiFi and run the TotalMix in sync with the official app for TotalMix?

Regards,
Hampus

Hey guys!
I've been using my UFX for some time now, and have recently moved house and built a studio with a tracking room and a control room. I would love an app like the Totalmix app that could control the UFX that is plugged into my computer.
At the moment I have no way of setting the mic gains from the tracking room (as I often record by myself), other than to maybe teach my wife where I want the levels to be on the meters.
I thought I'd bump this topic, as it seems that this should hopefully be a fairly easy tweak to the current app (says the guy who has no app programming experience! Hehe), and would work better than an OSC option.

Thoughts?

Thanks!
Jeremy

grooveboy_jazz wrote:

Hey guys!
I've been using my UFX for some time now, and have recently moved house and built a studio with a tracking room and a control room. I would love an app like the Totalmix app that could control the UFX that is plugged into my computer.
At the moment I have no way of setting the mic gains from the tracking room (as I often record by myself), other than to maybe teach my wife where I want the levels to be on the meters.
I thought I'd bump this topic, as it seems that this should hopefully be a fairly easy tweak to the current app (says the guy who has no app programming experience! Hehe), and would work better than an OSC option.

Thoughts?

Thanks!
Jeremy

Sure.  Lemur or Touch OSC will work.

Thanks for the reply, Neirbod

I understand that they will work, but from the threads that I've read on this forum, there are issues with metering etc, correct? Or does it all work fine now?
I'm also happy to try Lemur or Touch OSC, but am hesitant to pay for the app and then have it not work.

Thanks again!

Hello

I buy the app but i cant do it works with my ufx

In which usb Connecctor i must to Connect?

How i can config my ufx in CC mode?

Thanks

Everything is in the manual... What exactly does not work and how have you connected the devices? Have you got the Camera Connection Kit?

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Just installed the latest usb & fw drivers for the ufx today (3/9/15)  Now, won't communicate w iPad / TotalMix 1.11. It was working flawlessly before.

MC or RME support,

Having an issue with with UFX in CC mode using iPad. When the iPad goes to sleep (locks) unlocking quits all recording to the USB stick. Secondly on unlock the sample rate of the UFX is reset to 44.1kHz from the required 48kHz for the project. Thirdly, when the iPad is set to never lock, then after about 45 minutes of recording, the USB stops recording and again the system resets to 48kHz. Since the material is about 22 tracks of Orchestral music it's a bit disconcerting. As a comparison, when running Total mix from a MacBook Pro laptop via USB cable there were no issues in over 8 hours of recording in 2 hour blocks. Using word clock from RME to an Octo Opre and ASP 880 digital audio from ADAT Light Pipe.

Suggestions? Help?!?!?

That is described both in the manual and this forum. The iPad will reset the sample rate which will cause the UFX to stop the recording. Did you use the TM FX for iPad app? Did you set sample rate control to background mode? Is that (at least) an iPad 2?

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

I used the Total Mix FX app for iPad when I ran the recording. It's a 4th generation iPad with Retina display (MD510LL/A) did not know that was what the Background mode was for, will try on next event this Monday the 23rd. There is an IOS update (8.2) will TM FX be compatible ?

Yes.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Sorry to be off topic, but are you Jim ?
And for your question, I had the same problem as you  and switching to background mode did the trick...

Hi!

Is it compatible with Fireface 800?

If not, is possible will be in the future?

Thanks!

The FF800 can not be connected to an iPad.

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

23 (edited by basssalad 2015-05-30 00:16:31)

I tried the iPad app. It is alright for faders.  The eq and dynamics are really hard to use. In most of the new touch apps for mixers, you are able to physically pull down the nodes on the display instead of turning a knob. Might as well use a mouse. I understand that this is probably a lot of work. The UFX with Duorecord lends itself for mobile applications. Touch screens are becoming common and this would make mixing easier.

Then you need to work a bit with it. Apart from the zoomed view there is a 'trick' to move the finger outside the pot so you always see the current value. Try it...

And Duorecord is a nice idea, but the name is DURec from Direct USB Recording. smile

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME