Topic: Micstasy Madi

Hi...!

I have recently purchased a Micstasy pre with MADI optional card, and a HDSP MADI PCi for my Mac G5. But it now seems as if i've misunderstood the function of the micstasy? Can or can I not use the analog outputs on the Micstasy as Monitor outputs for my main mix? or are they only used as a direct output of the inputs?

If i can't use my micstasy, what is then needed to play back my recordings? Perhaps an ADI-8QS?

Best Regards
Mads Berg
Denmark

Re: Micstasy Madi

Hi Mads,

the analog outputs of the Micstasy carry the direct analog signal behind the preamp (line signal). As stated in the Manual you cannot send the MADI input signal to the analog outputs from the Micstasy.

For your needs the ADI-8QS would be a good solution. You could also use the Micstasy as MADI -> ADAT or AES converter and convert the AES/ADAT signal to analog using an ADI-8DS e.g.. See details about this feature in the Manual.

Regards,
Claudio

Hi clAUDIO
Thanks for your answer... although it was not what i wanted to hear... sad
but what about the analog output on my HDSP MADI PCi card...? I can't get any play back from this output either?
I'm using Cubase 4 if it is any help...

Mads

Hi Mads,

sorry. I thought you need multichannel outputs. For Stereo playback you can use the analog Headphone output of the HDSP MADI. In single speed mode it is hardwired to outputs 63/64. In double speed mode it is hardwired to outputs 31/32. You can adjust the volume by using the Totalmix.

Thank you very much... it is now working... big_smile
The first answer you gave was the answer i was looking for... it was just bad news, that was
what i meant by saing that it wasn't what i wanted to hear.
But your saying that if i buy a ADI-8QS i can route my MADI out signal to several sets of monitors
through this?
The stereo out works fine now, but i need more than one output, so i just wanted to hear if i can use
the ADI-8QS converter for this purpose?

Thanks for your time... it has been great help...!

Regards
Mads

The stereo out works fine now, but i need more than one output, so i just wanted to hear if i can use
the ADI-8QS converter for this purpose?

Sure you can! One QS gives you 8 channels of MADI to AES/ADAT/Analog conversion. You can cascade up to 8 QSs to get all 64 channels converted to analog if you want.

You're welcome.

Regards,
Claudio