Topic: HDSPe and MultiFace II problem

I have a new Lenovo desktop PC running Windows 7.  I'm trying to get a HDSPe card to work with a Multiface II.

The playback and recording cards are showing up in the Windows "Sound" device list, but I can't get any sound to come out of any of the Playback devices.

When I go to Properties and Advanced, it only list a "24 bit, 32000 Hz" mode. 

When I play audio out of either the Windows Multimedia player or Audacity, the play bar doesn't advance, so apparently the driver isn't telling the program that anything's being played.

I've run the latest "rmeinstaller.exe" program to install the drivers a dozen times.

I've tried to update the HDSPe firmware by running the latest "pcie_fut.exe" program, but it just hangs.

Strange thing is that the playback devices show up wither the Multiface II is connected to the HDSPe or not.  Their entry names are "Speakers RME Hammerfall DSP", "Analog (3+4) DSP Hammerfall DSP", etc., "ADAT (1+2) RME Hammerfall DSP", etc.

I wish I had more useful information, but I'm not getting any audio out and I can't figure out what to do.  Next thing I'm going to try is to install them in a different desktop PC.

Help....

Jason