Topic: Novice BabyFace User

I admit it.  I'm looking at this device as I redesign my project studio and I can't figure how to incorporate this device into my Alesis Master Control or, ultimately, the Mackie MCU Pro.  Before you slap your forehead in disgust, what confuses me is the routing of the Babyface.  Do I plug it via usb into my computer, do I plug it into my control surface (and by what means--usb?)? Then, how and where do I see the software?  Where does it show up? 

I realize these are elemental questions asked by someone who has only scanned the manual, but right now I'm just trying to set this thing up.  Any help you can give will be most appreciated.

Re: Novice BabyFace User

The Babyface is a USB device that you plug in to one of the USB ports on your computer or laptop.

3 (edited by spacealf 2014-07-04 17:12:04)

And you install the drivers I am guessing in Windows (not mentioned ??) and then any Firmware Update by the drivers downloads on the RME website.

Better read parts of the manual also then.

Okay, thanks for the help.  You're right about the manual, of course. But I'm in a hurry and frankly the manual seems a bit obtuse.  What I need is a flow chart showing connectivity.  I have installed the latest driver in my Mac Pro, but I think my confusion is how the babyface relates, communicates with my control surface (Alesis Master Control) and the DAW (Cubase 7).  Well, first things first, we'll plug it in and see what happens.

I'll be back.  Thanks again.  I'm always impressed but the amount of knowledge and helpfulness in these forums.