Topic: Hardware outputs now keeping assignments for a 4.1 set up

Hey folks,

I'm going a little crazy here…I trying to mix my live performance in 4.1 and it does not seem to be working with my new RME Fireface UCX. I'm using Ableton and sending grand pianos out 4 separate outs and a 5-6 pair for my sub woofer. I've got the Hardware outs set to MONO 1-4. I select the AN 1 output channel strip and go to Software Playback AN 1 and raise the gain, set all other software playback tracks to -inf. I fleck on AN 2 output and raise Software Playback AN 2's gain, set all other software playback tracks to -inf. and on thru AN 4 output. When I go back and click on AN 1's Hardware Output channel Strip it is no longer set to receive audio from the the intended Software Audio output. I grid to save to a snapshot many times and tried saving the workspace to no avail. Sure I'm doing something stupid…I updated to TotalMix 1.01to see of that helps but nope…pretty sure this is how i did it with my Fireface UC…

xoxo, AK

Re: Hardware outputs now keeping assignments for a 4.1 set up

This can only work if you also set the Software Playback channels to Mono mode. Did you? If you did then start with a Total Reset in Options first.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME