Topic: Difficult using HDSP 9632 PCI

Hello my friends,

I´m having some difficult with the HDSP 9632 and I really need some help.

So... here is the deal...

I´m using the steinberg wavelab and trying to use an external hardware to process some files. The wavelab has that "external hardware" plugin that alows to output the signal to an external chain and get back. I did set up the "external hardware" to 9632 analog output and analog input, And for now I would like to listen the software playback on the headphones.

I tryed many diferent possibilities at HDSP Mixer but nothing seems to work. I´m having some weird feedbacks. I did many changes and the feedback stops, but the output seems to work only through the PLAYBACK mixer. Also the headphones plays only what is happening at playback mixer. I tryed to change the setting for the headphones but nothing happens. I tryed for exemple to playback the software to the spdif out and tryed to route the spdif to headphones on HDSP mixer but nothing happens... I`m always listening to the playback mixer.

So the result is... The signal is going out passing through the analog hardware and is geting back... but I´m not listening the software playback... I can listen only the HDSP playback, then if I insert some plugin after the external chain I cannot listen to it.

I really think the problem is happening on the HDSP mixer... I´m doing something wrong there.

Hope someone can help me.

Thanks a lot,

Re: Difficult using HDSP 9632 PCI

Or you missed that the normal output (breakout cable TRS or XLR or RCA) is the same as the phones output - no different signals possible.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Thanks MC, and how to make it works? My intention of couse is to playback the DAW to my speakers... using the headphones was just a test. Then I need two outputs and one input. If I buy that expansion card with 4 outputs will it work? Then I use one output to the speakers (Daw playback) other to the hardware... and coming back to the card´s input. That is possible, right?

By the way... what do you think to do that external analog processing with the 9632 converters? My intentions is to do some mastering works in my songs working with plugins and some analog gear togheter. Will I have good results with the 9632 converters working in 96k?

Thanks a lot!

Yes, the AO4S-192 will give you 6 separate analog outputs.

The converters are ok, no problem with that.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

5 (edited by bitman 2017-03-16 14:54:42)

I have feedback also trying to use an external insert using the analog pair.
Speakers are on adat 1+2.

I fixed my feedback issue in total mix.
Had to right click on the analog output strip and select clear output for analog 1+2 (or something similar). It was the second item on the menu anyway.