Topic: HDSP9652 SPDIF OUT not working

Hello,

I'd like to connect the RME 9652 to my Presonus Monitor station v2 by SPDIF but it's not working sad

I tried to loop back the sound in the card (by connecting the SPDIF IN and OUT by one cable). Generally, I don't know what I'm doing wrong. It can be routing in totalmix, it can be my mistake in settings because I had never used this card.

The cable is ok, with my old card the spdif out was working correctly.

Re: HDSP9652 SPDIF OUT not working

> I tried to loop back the sound in the card (by connecting the SPDIF IN and OUT by one cable).

And? Did it work?

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

unfortunately no... sad

So you're talking about connecting the red and white RCA/Phono/Cinch connectors with an appropriate cable? You have set clock to Master and SPDIF In to Coaxial? And made sure you have the right breakout cable (must also have a D-sub connector on it)? Then you might not play something on SPDIF channels at all. TotalMix will show you...

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

kaczor954 wrote:

unfortunately no... sad

Does the settings window show "Sync" for SPDIF in (with the setup as per MC's post above)?

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

MC wrote:

So you're talking about connecting the red and white RCA/Phono/Cinch connectors with an appropriate cable? You have set clock to Master and SPDIF In to Coaxial? And made sure you have the right breakout cable (must also have a D-sub connector on it)? Then you might not play something on SPDIF channels at all. TotalMix will show you...

maybe this is the problem, i have this breakout cable: http://www.rme-audio.de/images/products … _bo968.jpg

http://www.rme-audio.de/en_products_cables.php

BOHDSP9652

One quick view in the manual would have saved you lots of hours...

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

how can I use this 9-pin D-sub connector?

You can't. Unless you have a unit that provides this kind of ADAT Sync - dinosaur stuff... Nevertheless the other one doesn't work.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME