Topic: Total Mix vs Windows Mixer

Good morning to all,
I wanted to ask if there is a way to disable or bypass the mixer windows 7 and use only the total mix of signatures HDSP 9632 PCI sound card. Thanks

https://efrem-c-79.wixsite.com/efrem-c-79

Re: Total Mix vs Windows Mixer

The HDSP driver does not interact with the Windows mixer...

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

But if I lower the volume fader Windows volume is lowered. How so? The problem is that to see the amount of dB that come from the audio outputs of the card, I have to set the volume fader of the Windows mixer to a value of 100. This, however, results in a slight distortion in the final audio.

Then the problem lies in the playback software that you use.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Then the volume of multimedia computer (Internet, watching video music heard with multimedia programs) goes for the Windows mixer. The music produced programs with audio and midi and audio editor exclude the mixer windows.

Yep.  WDM vs ASIO (ASIO wins smile )

MADIface-XT+ARC / 3x HDSP MADI / ADI648
2x SSL Alphalink MADI AX
2x Multiface / 2x Digiface /2x ADI8

Not really,  since the latest wavelab update i've got double output (1 with a few ms latency) from BOTH the "speakers" (mapped AES via  RME control) paneland Wavelab main out (AES via ASIO)
Ofcourse I can dissable the mme speaker in rme control panel, problem solved, but it no longer works together... Very strange problem, no rme mixer settings have changed. But it seems the windows speaker is now "hardwired" if the same port is playing via ASIO.
Might also be one of the windows 8.1 updates of last week that caused this.
I think for now I install the ASIOwrapper for windows mediaplayer again, but would like to understand why this no longer works

www.analoguemastering.com

In RME's settings pane, whatever you decide to set as the "Speaker" channel should be usable by any WDM application in Windows.  WMP, iTunes, etc.

If Wavelab is sending an audio signal via MME/WDM (to the "Windows mixer") and ASIO at the same time even though it is only configured for ASIO, then it sounds like something in Wavelab needs to be adjusted or W8.1 is being strange...

Your statement "Since the Wavelab Update" should send a few red flags towards the culprit IMO...

Are you using any loopbacks by chance?

cool

MADIface-XT+ARC / 3x HDSP MADI / ADI648
2x SSL Alphalink MADI AX
2x Multiface / 2x Digiface /2x ADI8

Nope, no loopbacks, can't turn it off in totalmix either, muting the winspeaker solves it.
And in WL one can select only 1 audiodevice. Very strange.

Is there some setting that ticked (in the window of DSP signatures) to bypass the mixer windows? Or you have to configure something in the audio settings of windows? I tried Adobe Audition and I've seen this situation: if you use ASIO drivers of the mixer windows is bypassed. If you use the drivers WASAPI and I enable the "Take Control of exclusive devices" the mixer windows is bypassed. If that option does not cue the sound passes through the mixer windows in addition to go through what the signatures. Here I can handle the situation the way I want. If I watch videos on the internet or listening to music with program type VLC or otherwise programs that use driver windows audio mixer goes for both the windows in that of signatures. Here I wanted to bypass all audio on my computer permanently disabling the mixer windows. Now this can be done or not? Thank You

No, it worked before but for some reason it no longer works in wavelab and cubase audio is doubled to speaker, muting speaker is the only solution (or dissable MME support in RME control panel)