Topic: Using Octamic line outputs

Good morning,
I am using the 8 channels of the Octamic II via the adat1 output into the ufx for multitrack recording. Can I use simultaneously the 8 line outputs of the Octamic for monitoring purposes?
Thanks for your help.

Re: Using Octamic line outputs

The OctaMic I/II is no DA-converter and subsequently does not have a digital audio input.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Thanks for your reply, Mathias, but I probably explained my problem the wrong way...

I enter 8 microphones into the inputs of the Octamic II and use the ADAT1 output to send the signals into the UFX : that works perfectly.

My question : while using the adat1 output to the ufx, may I use on the same time the 8 analog outputs of the octamic II ans send them to various headphone amps for the musicians?

I hope I made myself clear, and thanks for your answer.

Of course that is possible.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Thanks Mathias, I feel safer now..!

Hi. I've just ordered an ufx and an octamic 2 but after reading several post's I think I would have better choose the octamic xtc.
If I understood correctly it is not possible to use the gain control nor effects of the totalmix with the octamic2?

Thanks for comments.

Pierre

Gain control, no, as the Octamic II uses analog pots for gain. No remote control is possible.

You can use the effects of the UFX on the ADAT inputs from the Octamic II, same as any other input channels. These are rendered in the UFX, not the Octamic.

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

Thanks for the answer.

Hello,
Just a little question : what would be the biggest advantage of the octamic xtc instead of the octamic 2 linked to a fireface ufx?

Pierre

Some of the great features you can find on the XTC :
- Great preamp (85db gain) digitally controlled
- Autoset
- Control the gain directly inside TotalMix (like the UFX preamp)
- Two headphones outputs

Bertrand Allaume

11 (edited by ramses 2015-07-06 20:15:14)

And I think it can be used in class compliant mode as a recording interface under Mac OS X.

And the manual also claims, that it can be controlled via TotalMix .. so doesn't it act like a recording interface (also under windows) ?

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13