1 (edited by Fredo 2015-01-30 13:41:45)

Topic: TotalmixFX Direct Monitoring Issues

We have recently switched computers and these came with the new TotalmixFx installed. (With a HDSPe MADI card)

On these systems we are experienced issues with Direct Monitoring.

Although our input channels are mono, the signal is returned to the (Monitoring) Right Channel.
It looks like TotalMixFX is sticking to the input path of the card (input is MADI 8, thus Right panned), rather than returning it in Stereo, as ASIO DM requires.
Disabling DM in Nuendo solves the problem. But that is no opion for anyone who is tracking without hardware mixer.
In other words, the DM signal that is send to the monitoring path, keeps it's initial Left/Right routing, and isn't summed to mono.

Can someone test this please, because this is a major issue.

And can I revert to al older HDSP Mixer, which obviously doens't have that issue?

Thanks
Fredo

Re: TotalmixFX Direct Monitoring Issues

Ok, I have taken' the risk of replacing the TotalMixFX.exe in (Systems32) by an older HDSPMixer.exe, and everything is back to normal.

What did I do wrong, or is there actually a bug in the TotalMixFX (Was running 1.50)

Fredo

You did not list your driver TM FX version, and the forum has several threads now:

http://www.rme-audio.de/forum/viewtopic.php?id=21478

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

I mentioned that I was running TotalmixFX version 1.50.
My apologies for missing (or better: not finding) the thread you referred to.

I understand that the changes from Totalmix to TotalmixFX "break" things for some users.
I also understand  the suggested fixes.
Most of us however, have never-ever touched TotalMix, since it was completely transparant in the background.
And that's the way it should be for new users -IMO.
So it's a bit of a shock to realize that something got broken and no red lights went off.
I'll put a sticky on the Steinberg Forums.

Thanks Matthias.

Fredo

Fredo, 1.50? You mean TotalMix FX 1.05? We are now on 1.07:

- Fix: ADM steered wrong channels when some channels were in mono mode

Apart from that we will add a special ADM reset under 'Total Reset' soon that switches all input channels into mono, and outputs to stereo, to make ADM usage more easy out of the box.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

My apologies, I meant 1.05.
Which I have downloaded from the Sticky in this very forum.
Can you please point out where to download the 1.07 version?

And do you mean that the issue is solved with this 1.07?

Thanks
Fredo

1.07 is part of all current official drivers on our website. The mentioned issue had been fixed, but my statement in Tips & Tricks stays valid.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

1.08 has now been released with the new drivers and has the new 'ADM' setup option.

http://www.rme-audio.de/forum/viewtopic.php?id=21606

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME