1 (edited by meshkimono 2015-02-05 20:02:02)

Topic: Persisting Babyface & TotalMix FX pan knob issue in Yosemite

Hi,

I've been troubleshooting and searching for solutions on the forum to no avail.  Others have brought up an issue with the rotary encoder causing the TotalMix FX output pan controls jumping around randomly from left to right and not returning to the default center position without going into TotalMix FX and manually turning the pan knob.  This causes the actual stereo audio output to get stuck in a randomly panned position, which makes it hard to analyze a mix - I have to constantly pull up TotalMix every few minutes during a session to make sure the output pan control is centered.

The only solutions I've found seem to pertain to other hardware - there is still no solution for this issue with the Babyface.  I am running OSX Yosemite 10.10.2 with TotalMix FX 1.07 and Babyface Firmware v223, Driver v2.04.  This has only become an issue after I upgraded to Yosemite.  Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

MK

Re: Persisting Babyface & TotalMix FX pan knob issue in Yosemite

We are able to reproduce this and will try to fix it in the upcoming TM FX 1.10. It does not show up on all systems, and seems indeed to be a new 'feature' of 10.10.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

I've experienced the same problem sometimes on 10.9.5 with Babyface, but not being able to reproduce it, it is kind of spontaneous behavior.

Same problem here...
Any solutions found?