Topic: Send Loop Back to other than 1/2 ??

Hi, I'm using the SPDIFF output to loop back in to Ni Maschine so I can sample audio from Youtube on a Mac. However when using the 1/2 it´s very easy to get a feedback everytime I need to set some inputs inside Maschine since 1/2 are first on the input list.

Is there a way to send Loop Back to 3/4 or 5/6 etc  ??

All the best
Morten

Re: Send Loop Back to other than 1/2 ??

Bus the desired playback tracks (middle row) to a different set of outputs (bottom row).  Then, activate Loopback on this "new" pair of bottom row outputs (these outputs now feed the respective input channels to Core Audio/ASIO).

cool

MADIface-XT+ARC / 3x HDSP MADI / ADI648
2x SSL Alphalink MADI AX
2x Multiface / 2x Digiface /2x ADI8

Thanks.. i thought I had done this process by using the SPDIF outputs... Is there a way to change Mac OS X sounds from routing to 1/2 ?? It would be really nice to have all the system (Youtube /Spotify) coming out of 3/4 instead of 1/2..

All the best
Morten

Ah - I'm lost on OSX.  If you can't change Youtube/Spotify's defaults, maybe change Maschine to use other inputs or outputs or what-not to avoid the feedback issue.

cool

MADIface-XT+ARC / 3x HDSP MADI / ADI648
2x SSL Alphalink MADI AX
2x Multiface / 2x Digiface /2x ADI8

5 (edited by loonypac 2015-03-06 11:58:19)

I think your feedback is caused by NI Machine, that routes a kind of software monitoring to the same outs, that you use to Loop Back. So you have to deactivate Machine's monitoring or route it to other outs. If using the latter, be aware of possible phasing problems in TotalmixFX ControlRoom, because two identical audio-souces play the same time, one from Machine with a small latency.

To use any outs of your RME device with OSX, open "Audio-Mdi-Setup" app, in left window select your device and activate it for System Sound Out, in right window click the below button to configurate speakers that opens a new window where you can assign every combination of your choice. You are free to use only stereo or different surround settings. All physical outs of your device are supporter. After setting up, all OSX audio (also all audio-apps without individual audio routing) can be controlled in the Playback row of TotalmixFX. There you can setup your individual Control Room mixing – very powerful smile