1 (edited by djflict@gmail.com 2015-03-20 17:50:16)

Topic: Multiface II: Coaxial SPDIF and Optical ADAT simultaneously?

Hi guys,

I searched at the forum (and the web) for this answer but nothing came up, please feel free to redirect me there if it had already been answered.

I currently have a MULTIFACE II. Connected to it using SPDIF (Optical port) is a Eventide Eclipse Effect Module.

I want to add a External Converter module (Apogee) to my setup. My idea was to connect it using ADAT through the Optical ports, and change the Eventide Eclipse to use SPDIF through the available Coaxial ports.

What confused me, was reading this at the MII manual (Pag 38):

"Output
In SPDIF mode, identical signals are available at both the optical and the coaxial output. An
obvious use for this would be to connect two devices, i.e. using the HDSP as a splitter (distribution
1 on 2)."

Question:
Am I not able to use Coaxial for SPDIF (Eventide Eclipse) and at the same time Optical for ADAT (External Converters), routing different signals through each port?

Thank you VERY much! :-)

Re: Multiface II: Coaxial SPDIF and Optical ADAT simultaneously?

Yes, you can use ADAT and coax SPDIF at the same time. Alternately, the ADAT I/O ports can be set to optical SPDIF mode, but this is not independent from coax SPDIF.

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

So if I understood correctly:
-When using the Optical ports as SPDIF then the Coaxial SPDIF becomes a mirror (same signal).
-When using the Optical ports as ADAT, the Coaxial SPDIF is independent.

Is that it?

Thank you again wink

Yes, correct for outputs. For inputs, when you set optical to SPDIF mode, the coax SPDIF input is not used.

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

Thank you! smile