Topic: HDSP9652 Windows 8.1

I bought an used HDSP9652 (pci) / Revision 1.6 on ebay this week. I put the card into my pc and my system (Windows 8.1 Pro / 64 bit) recognized it as Audiocontroller for multimedia. I downloaded the latest drivers (driver_hdsp_win_406) and the Flash Update Tool (fut_wdm_dsp). After installing the driver (rmeinstaller.exe) . I got to the control panel and changed the driver for the "Audiocontroller for mulitmedia" and chose List me all available driver -> manufacturer -> rme -> RME HDSP9652 Version 4.0.6.0 (04.02.2014) . Windows doesn't recommend this driver and if I was sure - i chose yes and when I look under device state " This device works perfectly". I see all adat inputs, outputs. So far, so good.
After a restart there are icons for  Totelmix fx and DSP Settings. Dsp Settings - i click & nothing happens, Totalmix I click and nothing happens; I right click and I can create a new Totalmix Windows ( but there are no initial devices listed) and nothing happens. Now I tried the Flash Utility - I click & nothing happens. So my view is: Hardware seems to be okay, but software does not work on your system?  I am trying it for three days and I am going nuts. The card is the only pci device in my system so I chose the correct driver for the device. My Mainboard is an asrock 77 extreme 4. Any clue what is going wrong?

Would the HDSP9652 Rev.1.6. work on Mac OSX Yosemiti?

Thank you for your time.

Re: HDSP9652 Windows 8.1

> After installing the driver (rmeinstaller.exe)

..you should have done a simple full reboot.

The card might have a very old firmware that does not work with the latest driver. The Flash needs the driver, so you must instal an older driver first. Most probably, I am just guessing.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

I guess I was fooled by the seller. I found out the card is a 9636/52 and NOT a 9652 - so it is just not compatible with 64 bit Versions of Windows or even MacOSX Yosemiti. Or: Is there a workaround I don't know to make this card work on one of my systems?

The difference is DIGI9652 or HDSP9652. The DIGI is no longer supported.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME