Topic: Need help with audio routing

I have 3 midi devices going put through a babyface to my mixer through the breakout cable xlr outs

How in total mix can I setup 3 separate channels so that I can send audio from one midi keyboard to one channel on xlr out Left, another on XLR out right and a third on the speaker out or headphone jack(which ever I decide to use 3rd out is usually a drum machine in my ear for live)

I want to set it up this way so that each channel has its own volume and I can control it from the mixer itself.

Currently all data is coming into the xlr outs and the volume is drastically different for each instrument and sound patch and I have to constantly adjust the volume on the mixer and its a pain.

Is what I want even possible?

Re: Need help with audio routing

How is the Babyface used - stand-alone or with computer?

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

3 (edited by wtd03 2015-04-06 19:45:25)

Im going two midi keyboards to iconnectivity midi interface into usb port 1 on my mac. Babyface is using the other usb port. The sound is routed out to babyface and babyface is going xlr out into the mixer.

The third midi keyboard is hooked directly into baby face using the midi in. That is also going out of the xlr on the baby face

If it helps I use ableton and logic as my daws

You have to set up Ableton and Logic to play the audio on different output channels. TotalMix can not do this as long as it gets just a stereo signal having anything in it.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

So how exactly will babyface know which channel to output?

Let's say in ableton I have output channels of

1-2
3-4
5-6

Is it possible at all to assign 1-2 to xlr out
3-4 to instrument  stereo out
5-6 to Headphone out

Or is all audio merged into one for  every output on babyface?

All outputs are separate, but the Babyface only has the XLR (An 1/2) and Phones (Ph 3/4) as analog outputs. The 8 additional output channels are ADAT digital. There is no "instrument stereo out".

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

Ok so let's say I have 8 channels on my adat. How can I assign each of those separately to my physical mixer? Or is such a thing not possible?

I want to physically control volume, highs, lows etc on a mixing board