Topic: headphone mix

Hello, all ...

I've read the manual several times, but can't seem to solve this issue. I've a FF800, successfully connected to my MacBook Pro, synths, guitar rig, mics and monitors. I successfully record from all inputs i've tried so far into Logic Pro X, and the output sounds great through my monitors.

However ... I can't get the headphone output to produce any sound at all. I've tried routing output an1/2 to phone1, phone2, phone and phone4, but TMFX still shows the headphone output as empty. All I want to do is have output an1/2 go to the headphone jack. My old MOTU Traveler did this nicely, and though I appreciate the enhanced sound quality of the FF800, i'd appreciate functional headphones a lot more. Any help would be greatly appreciated :-)

Regards,

John

Re: headphone mix

Hello John,

It's pretty simple actually. In the Control Room in TMFX, assign Phones 1 as PH 9/10. Now click on the Phones 1 channel strip in the Control Room, so the strip is highlighted. Now any fader you pull up in the top row (input) or middle row (playback) will route to the Phones out. Here, you'll want to raise the Out 1/2 fader in the middle row.

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

Re: headphone mix

Jeff,

Many thanks. There was no "PH 9/10" option in the Assign menu for Phone1, but I chose "AN 9/10" instead. Also, there was no "Out 1/2" in either the Hardware Inputs or Software Playback rows, so I chose "AN 1/2". Though that is not in any way what I could call intuitive, it works. I'm quite appreciative :-)

Regards,

John