Topic: 3 row display on Mac book pro 13", well almost...

Hello,

New to Total Mix FX used on UFX. What a well working combo!

One thing though: I can see the benefits of using the three row layout, but it seems that a part of the bottom row falls below the bottom edge of the screen. Is there any way to adjust this while keeping 3 row layout, or is the answer: use a bigger screen!?

//Per

2 (edited by Eric Bradley 2015-06-10 09:37:19)

Re: 3 row display on Mac book pro 13", well almost...

Hi Per,

You have 3 zoom values, 100, 135, and 200 %
See if there is any of those that works for your screen resolution.

RME Fireface UFX
Mac Mini 2.6 GHz 16 GB Ram Areca RAID | MacBook Pro 2,2 GHz 16 GB Ram | OS 10.10.5

Ah, well I used the 100% zoom. I'm using a mid 2009 Mac book pro (swapped to ssd, very capable 28 channels of recording no problem) with a screen resolution of 1280x800.
I guess if a similar function could be implemented that e.g. safari i OS X has in full screen mode, where menu is hidden until you put mouse near the upper screen rim, it would be just enough to fit the third row with 100%. The seldom used menu could easily be hidden without making it more difficult to work. Guess I'll need to stick with 2 rows for now.

//Per

It is not enough, the arrows and/or scrollbar would still be missing. Please use the 2 Row mode, it is there for such cases.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

I love the UFX and Total mix but it needs to be updated. I'm ranting but it sucks using it on any screen less than 19 inches. Behringer, Mackie, Presonus all are better on small screens.  The UFX is much better than any of their hardware! It's so close.
In 4 rack spaces you can have 28 mic preamps with on board USB Recording. Great for live work!