Topic: Idea and request fro Total Mix FX improvement

Hello,

i'm a happy owner of a Fireface 802 and i had an idea for the totally Mix that would be pretty handy to me and i think to many of the "new" producers of electronic music without a lot of Hardware gears in the studio between the Audio Interface and the Speakers.

Actually i would love to see appear a 31 band equaliser for the main output. i know it's a very debated fact, but i know lot of professional studios using such 31 band eq to fine tune the room acoustic. I know out there you can find ARC 2, ST2, Dirac & more. But it's really not the same use. So far i always had better results when we talk only of "fine tuning" and not acoustic "rescue".

To have such an eq in digital straight away without having a Conversion either AD or DA, would be really handful to a lot of actual producers. Either to make it a paid option or not, but i'm sure with the experience of RME and the power of all the new interfaces with the DSP i would not be so hard... But i may be wrong.

Hope i don't look too foolish to you guys. I wish you a very good time and hope to have an answer either positive or negative ^^

Best regards

Re: Idea and request fro Total Mix FX improvement

i feel stupid now to have put this request without any reactions now ahahaahah

Same situation with me. At least 1 developer could say "thanks for the input, we'll consider it".. or something like that.. and then we could be sure that the particular idea has reached them.

4 (edited by ramses 2015-07-03 07:48:50)

That would be a nice thing indeed when using device in different environment or when using it as kind of life mixer, although I know that the use as life mixer is not a domain of TM at all.

But I fear there might not be enough room for the code in the FPGAs.

As of today the FX chip has already limited resources (code and performance wise) you can read in the forums.
Even on the flagship UFX its i.e. not possible to enable each of the EQ/Dynamics for each of the channels.
Make a test on your own on your unit, enable all FX on each channel and observe the FX load in TM window.

Maybe its more straightforward to place a HW device between RME device and speakers...

Anyway I wouldnt mind to see this, as I work in my living room and cant optimize it acousticly.
So it would be a nice thing being able to do this on my UFX.
Then I could use it to correct some frequencies for DAW work and music playback.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

wow i didn't came back on this topic as i though it was a dead cause no admin or technician answered....

Regarding the HW, well of course it's an option, but the real deal would be to do that all internally and digital, as i'm connected in digital with my speakers. For the power of the DSP well at least to have it as an option and disable some of the FX on the channels.

I'm pretty sure this feature would be awesome for many peoples, instead of using stuff like ARC or Dirac... I know Many Pros that use a 31 bands Eq before their Speakers. Whoever telling me the contrary will just want to "cover" a fact ahahah.

Anyway not sure it will be something we'll see appear...