Topic: RME 9252 in PCI Expansion with a Win7 / 64bit Intelbased PC

Hi there,

has anybody any experience with using old RME PCI Cards like mine  (RME 9625) f.e.
in a PCI Expansion Box?

Actually I'm still working with XP System, RME 9652, 2 Powercore DSP Cards. I'm planning to switch to a new Win7 based System on a Fujitsu R670-2 Workstation. Unfortunally - but thats the market - there is only a single PCI Slot left on the Board.
I would like to use my old stuff in that Computer to spare money and found some PCI Expansion Boxes like Magma f.e.  offers them. They will be connected on one of the PCI Express Slots.
Should that work? Any known issues by using the RME Cards this way?
One specific Question that i got to that point is:

In the Technical Specification of that Expansion i read the the max. Voltage for each Slot is 200mA. Is that a regular ammount for the old PCI Slots? Should that fit for the 9652? Didnt found anything to that point in the Tec-Spec of the RME Card.

Thanks in Advance for any help.

Kriss

Re: RME 9252 in PCI Expansion with a Win7 / 64bit Intelbased PC

If it is a 9652 and not a hdsp9652,  there are no 64 bit dri ers so only oprion is win7 32bit. If it is a hdsp there are 64 bit drivers. I would guess there are no 64 bit drivers for the powercores either. If you don't need more ram there is no reason not to build a 32 bit system even a new xp system is doable.

Vincent, Amsterdam
https://soundcloud.com/thesecretworld
BFpro fs, 2X HDSP9652 ADI-8AE, 2X HDSP9632