1 (edited by Rocker 2015-07-01 07:23:19)

Topic: Personal monitoring with RME - SUGGESTION to developers ! (Wish-list)

Hi Everybody !

I do NOT (yet) have an RME product myself, I would like to set up a system (preferably with an older hardware - because of lower costs), which would allow me to  record multitrack as we play (initially 8 or 16 audio channels, later upgradeable with mic preamps through ADAT inputs, to 32 or 40 channels, if needed), and in the meantime  make live personal monitor mixes for my musicians.

With TotalMix I can make submixes, and this software allows some kind of remote control (through MIDI and "OSC"), but I still have some questions:

1. Does TotalMix allow remote setting of monitor mixes ("submixes") for MULTIPLE USERS at a time ?  For instance, my guitarist, my trumpetist and my drummer may want to have a different mix, and they would want to make their own mix.  One of them would have a midi fader, the other would have an iPhone, and the third would have an Android phone.. 

2. How can I EASILY assign midi faders or OSC faders to  Totalmix input faders ?

I've contacted RME's hungarian representative, TotalMix worked on an UFX, but midi learn funcion is not available.. sad      Dear RME developers.. please consider adding a "control" menu page, for multiple users/devices, and easy setting possibilities.. (for instance with a "MIDI learn" and "OSC assignment" function on right click above a certain fader)..

Thanks,

Zoltan Lengyel
pianist, organist, keyboardist and composer
from Budapest, Hungary

Re: Personal monitoring with RME - SUGGESTION to developers ! (Wish-list)

Rocker wrote:

1. Does TotalMix allow remote setting of monitor mixes ("submixes") for MULTIPLE USERS at a time ?  For instance, my guitarist, my trumpetist and my drummer may want to have a different mix, and they would want to make their own mix.  One of them would have a midi fader, the other would have an iPhone, and the third would have an Android phone..

All this is possible - described in RME manuals of different devices that uses TotalMix and that you can download on RME'S Download page. Also numerous threads you will find in this forum. You only have to search like I do since years wink

You do not need any "MIDI learn" function!