Topic: HDSPe MADI + SPDIF/AES

Ich plane, auf eine HDSPe MADI-Karte umzusteigen, um sie mit meinem Madi-Wandler (SSL XLogic Alphalink AX) zu nutzen.
Allerdings brauche ich einen SPDIF oder AES- Ausgang für den Abhörwandler.

Die HDSPe hat allerdings neben Madi nur noch einen analogen Ausgang.
Fällt jemandem eine Lösung für mein Problem ein?

Re: HDSPe MADI + SPDIF/AES

Again in English:

I am planning to go for a HDSPe MADI Card to use it with my SSL XLogic Alphalink AX MADI-Converter.
My problem is, that I need a SPDIF- or AES-Output.

The HDSPe has just the Madi and an analogue output.
Does anyone have an idea how to solve my problem?

Re: HDSPe MADI + SPDIF/AES

You'd need to use an ADAT-to-SPDIF (or AES) adapter box like RME's ADI4-DD or similar.

http://www.rme-audio.de/en/products/adi_4_dd.php

The Alphalink can handle the MADI-to-ADAT portion of the conversion (assuming you aren't using the Alphalink AX's additional ADAT Outputs for a different use) - so you can skip an expensive MADI-to-SPDIF (or AES) converter.

A different solution might be to consider the RME MADI-FX card that has a dedicated AES I/O, and adds TM-FX.  Personally, I splurged for the MADIface-XT model, and am very glad to have TM-FX above the old MADI HDSPe card it replaced.  Then, my "old" MADI HDSPe card was handed-down to a slave DAW, and now has 128 I/O's to the main DAW over MADI!

The MADIface-XT also works with RME's ARC monitor controller - the MADI-FX does not (nor does your current MADI HDSPe).  The ARC has become a critical part of my mixer-less workflow, and would not want to imagine working without it.

All food for thought for long-term investments IMO cool

MADIface-XT+ARC / 3x HDSP MADI / ADI648
2x SSL Alphalink MADI AX
2x Multiface / 2x Digiface /2x ADI8