Topic: ASIO Low latency monitoring with Fireface 800 and ProTools 11

I have a Fireface 800 and Protools 11. When I activate the "Low latency monitoring" (LLM) in ProTools the outputs of record armed tracks that has their outputs set to analog out 1 and 2 are are sent directly to the outputs. So I can set up a monitormix of them in TotalMix.

But when I turn off LLM in ProTools and the tracks that was recorded are again heard as software playback, I will still also hear them from the monitor mix from TotalMix. Is there any way to automate this, so that I don't have to go into TotalMix and load another snapshot everytime I go from LLM to mixing mode?

I guess I'm just doing it the wrong way, and would be very glad for any advice of how to make it more practical!

Re: ASIO Low latency monitoring with Fireface 800 and ProTools 11

[...]

ratex wrote:

But when I turn off LLM in ProTools and the tracks that was recorded are again heard as software playback, I will still also hear them from the monitor mix from TotalMix. Is there any way to automate this, so that I don't have to go into TotalMix and load another snapshot everytime I go from LLM to mixing mode?

[...]

Having got used to using LLM with ProTools 11 here's some info on how it works:

1. Activate LLM in ProTools by clicking it in the Options menu. Now all tracks that are record enabled will be muted during recording so that you can set up your own monitor mix in TotalMix.

2. Set up a monitor mix in TM and store it as a snapshot so that you can recall it later.

3. When you record you will hear the LLM sound from TM, and ProTools will only play back the other tracks.

4. When you play back the record enabled tracks will not be muted any more, they will play -- BUT they will not have delay compensation ... this means they're likely to be out of sync. I haven't found a solution for this other than record click away the record enable buttons on the tracks just recorded before playing them back. Really awkward, so please give me a tip if you have one smile