Topic: Can't assign playback output for DURECorder

Hi. I'm new to the Total Mix and the forum. Just purchased a UFX. As I'm trying out everything I'm finding a couple of confusing things.

1. When the TM window is 100/135%, I am unable to see the Record View button for the DUREcoder. Only by selecting 200% can I see it. There does not appear to be a way to scroll down.

2. I have successfully formatted a USB and recorded in my initial trials. On my early trials, when I selected 'play' I was offered a selection of outs for it. Strangely, this no longer happens as it's supposed to. Clicking play will have the file play but I don't hear it for I can't assign an output.

I have done a total reset on many an occasion.

I'm using v 1.12, with the latest drivers - 1.080.

Am I doing something wrong, or is this a bug and/or graphical issue?

Thanks

Re: Can't assign playback output for DURECorder

1. Click the small arrows in the top title of each section.

2. A screenshot might be useful here. Or just studying the manual which describes these modes in detail.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Okay thanks...that reduces that section...so I can now see 'record mode' in all window sizes.

I have read the manual re playing a file many times and something doesn't appear to be working. As I mentioned above, when you click on the play button, you are supposed to get a window which allows you to select where you want the file to play. That's basically what is says in the manual. That's not currently happening.

4 (edited by Fabio Rubato 2015-07-26 06:28:28)

Okay, don't worry figured it out. Apparently, Record Mode has to be on and then I can select a channel in Total Mix and pick a channel to have it play. It still doesn't give me this option though when I press play though.

Thanks anyway.

You either talk about the wrong 'playback' button or forgot to select a file to play. When you click on the File Selection on the top, under 'Recorder', the list is shown. The play button will just play. And to select WHERE to play you have to hit the Record View button, then any playback button within a channel. Manual page 98.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Sorry, one further thing. Playback it sped up. Do you know why it's doing this?

Regards

Okay, seem to figuring this out myself. I double clicked on 'stop' to take it back to the start and played again and it played at the correct speed...strange.

MC wrote:

You either talk about the wrong 'playback' button or forgot to select a file to play. When you click on the File Selection on the top, under 'Recorder', the list is shown. The play button will just play. And to select WHERE to play you have to hit the Record View button, then any playback button within a channel. Manual page 98.

I was selecting the correct 'play' button and I was also correctly selecting a file. What I wasn't doing was turning on Record Mode and pressing play from one of the channels and assigning output there.

Cheers