Thanks for the response MC. I got the UFX today and but I can't test whether or not the same sync issues will happen for me with it because the Total Mix will not open. Let me explain and let me know if you have any ideas. The Fireface Setting application opens fine but the Total Mix app keeps bouncing and "is not responding". I have to force quit.
It's a little unclear which driver I should be using:
I'm running OS 10.7.5 on an Intel Macbook Pro from late 2011.
With my FF800, I am on the latest firmware, but the latest driver 3.29 doesn't work for the same reason, the Total Mix won't open. So with the FF800 I've had to say with the 3.06 driver. If I do that it works.
With the UFX, I was able to update it to the latest firmware via USB. But Total Mix won't open with any of the drivers. I wasn't sure whether or not I was supposed to be using the Firewire or USB drivers though, so I tried them both. None of them work. And also the 3.06 driver doesn't open Total Mix either, as it does with my FF800. I have tried connecting the interface with both USB and Firewire and the same results.
EXCEPTION: 1 time with the UFX the Total Mix app opened with the Firewire 3.06 driver installed. It gave me this message though:
"Mismatch detected - Channel and FX settings of Device and Total Mix are different.
Click Yes to use Total Mix settings (default)
Click No to upload the Device settings into Total Mix
Note: if unsure click No to check the unit's settings first; ten hit undo to restore the last TotalMix settings.
This only happened after letting the app bounce up and down for 5-10mins. and I can't recreate that again. I screen grabbed this message when it came up.
I would love to get the compatibility issues resolved so I can continue testing to see if I can get the UFX sync'ed with both adats in use for (2) external Focusrite Octopre mkII dynamics racks. That's what I'm trying to do so I can have at least 24 ch. going.
And when I was trying different drivers I was installing them right over each other. And then when I had systematically gone through all the options, I tried going in and manually deleting so I could install clean (using instructions an RME admin gave on this forum). Still can't get it to work.