Topic: UFX CC mode DURec/TMFX iPad - recording stopped.

I had a situation where I was using the UFX and DURec to back up a colleague's remote recording (he uses a Horus /HAPI rig) over a weekend.  (Mic direct outs from Horus preamps to line in UFX, record 8 tracks via DURec- straightforward).  The rack was placed beside the stage in a position that made it inconvenient to operate the front panel for stand-alone mode.   First few performances were made in the conventional way via a laptop and USB driver to TMFX.  Then a first (for me) field use of iPAD/TMFX to control UFX.  Correctly set UFX to CC mode, checked function of control via iPad.  All good.  Start DURec from iPad, close iPad and join colleague at rear of hall.

After the gig, check UFX/iPad - "recording stopped after 10m27s".  Re-RTFM.  Check iPad and note that 'Enable Background Mode" was not set as recommended.  It was set when TMFX app first installed, but must have been reset by other operations or possibly during the recent version upgrade.  Didn't check before the gig!

Mea culpa!  I suspect it was triggered by a sound event (notification etc.) which changed the sample rate and hence stopped the recording. I changed the setting and all other concerts were recorded without interruption.  I also took the added precaution of turning off both WiFi and Cellular access guarding against new email or messages triggering notifications.  Not sure if this was necessary but being careful anyway.

I wonder if any other users have helpful hints, settings or checks to ensure that such interruptions are prevented in field recordings.  In this case it was being used in a redundant backup situation but I would like to avoid the risk when the DURec is the prime recording.

De gustibus - et sonus - non est disputandum