Topic: Problem loading workspace

Hi

I have a fireface800. I recently upgraded the PC hardware and installed windows 10.
On the old windows 7 install I saved the workspace to a file.

When I tried to load the saved workspace on the new PC, I get an error that there is no data for my device.

Please help to restore the old workspace, as it will take a long time to set everything up again.

I still have the old PC if there is anything else that I can save to be able to restore the workspace.

Brad

Re: Problem loading workspace

Which version of TotalMix FX is used to store the file, and which one to read it? Both should be 1.12.

If that is the case send me the files zipped and we will check what is going on.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Hi

Yes, version 1.12 was used in both cases.
I even tried an older version (1.08?), but that didn't work

I assume that you just want the saved workspace file?

Is it possible to attach files to the email link under your profile picture?

Or should I email support at rme-audio dot de?

Brad

Yes, workspace file(s). And yes, just send them to my email adress.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

I have emailed my workspace file to the support address

This workspace can not load because it it incomplete. You can easily check that yourself. It can be opened and viewed with any lister or editor. There are usually three sections, describing the state of the Input, Playback and Output channels. Then comes a section 'Mixer' where all the mixing/routing is stored. Your file ends with Output channel 5, missing the channels 6 to 11 and the whole mixing/routing state.

Therefore it is also not possible to repair the file, sorry.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

That said - if you can still call up the old state with the old computer then you should be able to store the workspace completely, the file will be about 2 MB. The whole state - if it is still there as current state (Undo might help!) could also be transferred by simply copying the current state file to the other computer (last.Fireface800.xml in C:\User\Username\AppData\Local\TotalMixFX).

Before doing anything I would advice to copy the whole TotalMixFX directory to TotalMixFX Backup.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

That seems to have worked.
I needed to exit totalmix FX for it to stick though.

Thanks

Brad