Topic: touting Using UFX for RoomEqWizard

Hi there, I'm attempting to measure the frequency response of my room with Room  EQ Wizard!

I have a Neumann U87 plumbed into mic input 9 on the UFX (Phantom Power is on)

I can only get input into Room eq wizard if 'loopback' in enabled on the master channel of TotalMix.

How do I route totalmix so that I can get the output of the mic into Room eq wizard to run the test?

In Room EQ wizard the only options it gives me for input are  'Fireface UFX' left or right (I'm assuming this is hw input one and 2 which is probably the problem)

http://i1269.photobucket.com/albums/jj595/falconfuzz/Routing.png

Re: touting Using UFX for RoomEqWizard

That is explained in the manual. Route to hardware output 1 and Loopback...

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Thanks, I've tried this, but isn't loopback supposed o be off to do the actual measurement?

In this case loopback just routes the signal to where it is needed. Of course the software output must be routed away from Output 1/2 or it won't work.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Sorry MC, I must be more stupid than I thought.

If the software output isnnt routed to output 1&2 I won't get signal through the monitors though.

Please can you walk me through this step by step because I just don't get it. As if you are talking to a child lol

You are right, you have to connect your monitors to a different output than 1/2. That should be no problem, all outputs are balanced. You just need a cable adapter TRS to XLR.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

You are right, you have to connect your monitors to a different output than 1/2. That should be no problem, all outputs are balanced. You just need a cable adapter TRS to XLR.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME