Topic: TotalMix FX + ARC for monitoring (possible future features, wish list)

G'day RME software team,

I am a long time RME user and have owned many of your products including 800, 802, UCX and Madiface. I have loved them all! I now operate an 802 in my home mixing studio and just recently got an ARC to use as a monitor control through TotalMix FX. It has some great features, but in the interests of workflow, it would be great to see these simple additions to the TotalMix FX software package to allow the ARC to be more useful in a purely mix/master environment. Basically I do not want to purchase an external monitor controller to keep the setup light.

First wish. The ability to have a 3rd (and possibly 4th) set of monitors, using a rotating toggle (ARC 'Prog' button cycles monitor speaker paths rather than just switching between A and B speakers). That way Speaker A, Speaker B, and Speaker C (in my case, headphones) can be cycled easily. It would also mean that I could mono the mix in my headphones using the control room button as currently that is not a feature of the headphone path unless its output is set as the Speaker B output. Alternatively, an option to have headphones follow the main output path.

Second wish. In addition to 'mono' in 'Control room' could you please include ØL, ØR, Mute L/Mono R, Mute R/Mono L, Mid Only and Side Only with the option to set these to be toggled by the ARC remote in the key command settings window. This would make TotalMix FX (in conjunction with an RME product) the perfect monitor controller and make your products more appealing (more so than they already are).

PS I do very much like the current features of TotalMix FX and the ARC remote. Keep up the good work!

MJ.

Re: TotalMix FX + ARC for monitoring (possible future features, wish list)

I'll second this. Would be very useful!

MB Pro - 2 X FireFace 400, FF800 & DigiFace USB
ADAT gear: Korg, Behri, Fostex, Alesis...

Re: TotalMix FX + ARC for monitoring (possible future features, wish list)

I forgot to include Left Right reverse. This would also help with balance.