1 (edited by djrem3000 2015-10-13 07:26:51)

Topic: MAIN OUT controlling several hw outputs at once like MASTER OUT ???

i've got RME UCX for testing. I have monitors connected to Hardware output 1/2 and some other PC speakers connected to Hardware output 3/4.
I want the MAIN OUT fader to control both outputs 1/2 and 3/4 at once. Unfortunately i can assign it to only one pair of OUTPUTS, but not several.
I know, that i can route some source "software playback" to both "hardware outputs 1/2" and "3/4", make this source software playback fader as trimmed, and then i can control with one software fader both outputs like MASTER, but this is quite bizzare solution. Goal is to control it via MAIN OUTs, to function it like MASTER OUT, because the MAIN outs are duplicated via default "Volume Control" in Windows taskbar, so it should act like MASTER in Windows environment either.
So it is comfortable not to open TotalMix everytime i want to control both of my speakers volume and to edit them separately, but with the "Volume control" in taskbar smile
Are there any ways to do so ?

Re: MAIN OUT controlling several hw outputs at once like MASTER OUT ???

What hardware are you talking about? And did you miss the link channels function?

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

3 (edited by djrem3000 2015-10-13 08:56:32)

MC wrote:

What hardware are you talking about? And did you miss the link channels function?

It's RME UCX. I thought the TotalMix FX is the same on all the RME products, that is why it was not mentioned, sorry for that, now edited the main post smile
I was unable to find the LINK channels function. The only idea i came was - to assign a MAIN OUT to hardware out 1/2 (MONITORS), the MAIN OUT B to 3/4 (PC SPEAKERS) and link them (MAIN OUT with MAIN OUT B), but they (MAIN OUT and MAIN OUT B) are not sounding together, you can only switch between them. So still no way to control with one MAIN OUT fader both hardware out pairs (1/2 and 3/4) simultaneously sad

4 (edited by djrem3000 2015-10-15 07:41:49)

MC wrote:

...And did you miss the link channels function?

Do not know if you meant the GROUPS function, but it seems fader grouping solves my little problem smile